Fresh water pump pulsing.

Frogmogman

Visit site
The fresh water pressure pump on my Sun Odyssey 349 has started pulsing. When you run the tap, instead of the occasional blip every few seconds, it blips continually, at about 90bpm.

I suppose this is an issue with the accumulator. I can’t see or hear any leaks.

The pump isn’t running randomly at any stage when the tap isn’t running.

Any Jeanneau owners know if the membrane can be pumped up again on the off chance that it’s not membrane damage ?

Or is it a change the accumulator job ? Or might it be something else ?

Here’s a photo of the pump and accumulator.

IMG_2298.jpeg

mjcoon

www.mjcoon.plus.com
This might seem like straying into the territory of thread "Sailing with increasing Disabilities" but...

Is the flow as good as ever? I just thought if the pump has a fault it might not be able to maintain pressure during flow and has to run more often than formerly...

johnalison

Visit site
It sounds a bit fast for an accumulator failure. When mine has failed it pulsed every few seconds, but your system looks a bit different and it still may be the case. I don’t actually know your accumulator. The common ones have a nozzle that accepts a bicycle-type pump for repressurising. I did briefly have one Jabsco one that just had a screw hole to allow air in when empty but this split and was replaced. I would lift yours out and have a look, though the installation looks awkward.

SaltyC

Visit site
It sounds like a loss of air 'cushion' to buffer use. You should be able to isolate power open tap and remove pressure, then pump up air cushion to recommended pressure.
Unfortunately, some French manufacturers fit a very small accumulator/ expansion vessel so pump tends to short cycle.

ashtead

Visit site
You don’t seem to have any inline filter in the cold water system but might that be blocked partially. That joint in picture just above where jubilee clip red cover has fallen off sometimes get pinprick leaks due to cold weather. You seem to have ruled out leaks fro m this one but maybe other like whale valves lurking?