Free Pratique

tcm

Visit site
I have put a yellow Q flag up from time to time, but even when i have sat at anchor for a whole afternoon, nobody has ever brought me any pratique, free or otherwise. I initially understood this to be a french root vegetable, but not sure. Once, the ice cream boat came around, but he visited all the other boats first, so maybe anyone who wants free pratique these days is seen as a bit of a cheapskate?

<hr width=100% size=1>

jimi

Visit site
maybe they'd run out of intelligents prats and only had dumb ones left ... that would explain the communication gap?

<hr width=100% size=1>

VicS

Visit site
Does it not mean "I have yellow fever on board" ? That would explain why every one stays away.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
I flew one the first time I came back to Ireland. Got a message from the local boatman saying that somebody had reported this to the customs and they sent a message back to him asking me begorrah would I not be taking it down because if I didn't they would have to go to the bother of coming out to my anchorage to check me...

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
You'd better not be flying one for a while - at least until your "Vessel is Healthy"

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Dominic

Visit site
You should have a red face..

Thinking that pratique was French method for folding pastry I dived to the Oxford Dictionary.

"pratique n. Licence to hold intercourse with a port after quarantine &c ..."

Hello Sailor !!

Now what do you think they thought you were planning to do ?

<hr width=100% size=1>