fouling on props

rob

Visit site
Sorry to go over the subject again of antifouling of props but, I need to protect my prop from fouling and tried antifouling plus a few others to no avail.

I know their has been discussion of burnishing with something that seems to work but I dont know what or how its done.

If anyone has any info. on the subject or has tried the method I would like to know if is easy to do and does it work?

Regards Rob

Chris_Stannard

Visit site
Look in the threads on antifouling. Lanolin or Black lead seem to be favourites, I intend to try lanolin this season. Lanolin you just apply black lead you have to polish on as tho it is a hearth.

Chris Stannard

30boat

N/A
Visit site
Whatever you do don't try black lead.Graphite is a metal and most other metals are anodic to it.You may end up destroying the prop.

G

Where can you get black lead, are there any trade names?

Sean

G

Re: fouling on props;30 prop

Afraid you are in error. Graphite is not metal, its carbon. It is electrically conductive but does not appear on the usually published anodic table as far as I know. It is sold under the name "ZEBO" as black grate polish. Made by Reckett Coleman if anyone is interested.

ccscott49

Visit site

You need the lead stuff, the graphite stuff isn't as effective, I'll try ans find out the name of the stuff I have and my bruv has for you. But even the lead stuff isn't going to hurt anything.

romany123

Visit site

can you sort it out soon guys,and standing here with a tube of ZEBO,lots of enthusiasm,a pot of elbow grease and a boat with a very shiny prop. The joys of sailing lol

Dave

ccscott49

Visit site
The real stuff, has to come from your local old type hardware store, or sometimes, farm or country type stores have it, not the norsey set type farm shop, where the farmers go. I will have to find out where my brother gets mine!