Forum's for other areas?

Seastoke

Visit site
Just wondered

With the East Coast, Thames and Bristol Chanel forums, could it be possible to have similar forums for other sailing areas ?

Would love a Wales/NorthWest England forum as that's where I'm based, and similar for other areas like Scotland and Ireland I'm hoping to visit
The famous Welch Med pirates you need to talk to, but you need a full fun box.

Marceline

Visit site
Hi @Marceline,

Many years ago, probably around 15 if my memory serves, there was a sub group within this forum for NW sailors. Its chief advocate was Searush, Steve who sailed out of Caernarfon. Sadly, it withered on the vine.

I understand that there is an active Face Ache group but that platform is not my cup of tea so I have no personal experience.

Local waters pilot books remain my preferred source of reference but posting specific questions on here usually serves as a wonderful resource.
Thanks Skylark - ah so there used to be other forums but NW (and guessing other areas) dropped away

Def agree on a dislike for farceharverster (very glad I closed mine down years back) also (and other 'social' medias as well)

Ah well, very glad of the help to my various posts on here from yourself and many others over the past 18months or so and I'll no doubt ask if I am wondering about any of the region's sailing/harbours etc

ps - have now got a nice selection of Pilotbooks for the area - do love reading them but also good to hear/read of other's suggestions and advice

wonkywinch

Visit site
Just wondered

With the East Coast, Thames and Bristol Chanel forums, could it be possible to have similar forums for other sailing areas ?

Would love a Wales/NorthWest England forum as that's where I'm based, and similar for other areas like Scotland and Ireland I'm hoping to visit
I can see the new forums filling up now with new threads ..

Best anchor for Wales region
Best anchor for North West England waters
Best anchor for Scottish waters
Best anchor for lochs
Best anchor for Ireland

etc

Marceline

Visit site
maybe threads also in the Wales region:

best anchor that could work in Wales and Scotland

Scots region:

best anchor that could work in Scotland and Wales

tbf - if there were extra region forums 'might' this help mitigate the mass-anchor-exponentialposts threads in the main forum ? :)

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I can see the new forums filling up now with new threads ..

Best anchor for Wales region
Best anchor for North West England waters
Best anchor for Scottish waters
Best anchor for lochs
Best anchor for Ireland

etc
Would that be fresh or sea lochs?

And what about the West Country, we could have great fun with that special Cornish anchor, 'The Dreckly' .

Other threads that may be of interest