Forum Dive cruise with Blue Angel

jfm

Visit site
Apropos, is it me, or is flu particularly bad this year? :(

It's awful MapisM. I never get much flu but I got this year's mutation and it's lousy. I was blocked up and took a flight (stupidly) and damaged my eardrums so I was deaf for a week as well (all ok now). The flu seems to last 3 weeks. Several others in London have had the same. So, best wishes to you.

This dive trip is a sell out! We need about four 25m boats. Can anyone lend us a big OR70 or 78? :)

MapisM

Visit site
The flu seems to last 3 weeks. Several others in London have had the same. So, best wishes to you.

This dive trip is a sell out! We need about four 25m boats. Can anyone lend us a big OR70 or 78? :)

Geez, thanks for your wishes, but I really hope it won't take that long...
I couldn't stand another couple of weeks as this one! :(

Actually, even if I'm not recovering as fast as I expected/hoped, today I've been able at least to work a bit with the PC. A bit more than yesterday, anyway...

Yep, the forum dive trip seems already a success!
I'd gladly come also with my own boat, if it weren't a bit far... But maybe we could arrange something similar another time, also around my home cruising grounds?
For you guys with fast boats, it doesn't take a lot to reach southern Sardinia from SoF.
And it's a cruise worth making anyway, also aside from dives. Of which, btw, there's plenty also in the 15-20m range.
For instance, that beautiful cave dive, of which I posted a clip and the dive profile in this thread, goes just a tad below 20m, and with no difficulties whatsoever.
Hopefully Bart himself will be able to tell you more about that first hand at the beginning of June... :cool:

Back to Sof, I couldn't agree more re. having an OR joining us.
With sleeping accomodation for 10, huge spaces and (probably, still to be confirmed) a 450 Williams RIB, she would be a fantastic addition to the cruise!
But unfortunately, the owner is not a diver... And I don't think his wife would appreciate if I'd use the "red-dot-bay babes" line to attract him, either!
I'll surely ask him anyway. He definitely likes cruising, no matter how good the excuse for going at sea is, so who knows? :)

BartW

www.amptec.be
all candidates are added in post #1

here is a appetizer of what you can expect (excluding the babes)
(a BA dive cruise picture report, october 2011)

vas

Visit site
not posted on this thread yet, apologies but I have limited time in front of my pc due to the bl00dy broken rib that hurts the last few days more than when I broke it 3 weeks ago!
@jfm/MM : flu here was also bad but only kept me coughing and hurting for a week (that was back in Dec). Blame it to the kids though that bring all new infections home...

Pending uni work, Greece defaulting timing, etc, I'm in, but since it's highly unlikely I'll dive you can move me to jfm's Match if he doesn't mind and get more space for the real divers.
I can cook, talk and I also don't drink a lot, so could make my self useful in many ways :p

cheers

V.

Last edited:

waterbird

thetribeofthemoon.com
What a wonderful idea!

Dear All,

The Dive cruise looks fantastic, it would be wonderful to go but our current situation will not allow for such a beautiful adventure. I think it is a great idea and I am sure it could be the start of something special, may be next time we will be able to make it.

Lou and I wish you all a wonderful trip, if a miracle happens between now and then who knows but for now all we can do is continue to dream.

Have a wonderful Cruise :)

Tara

BartW

www.amptec.be
diary's start to fill up (at least mine does for this summer)

date for the dive cruise is fixed now;
from saturday 29 september 2012, until 6 october 2012

even if you can't make it a full week, a few day's is nice aswell.
Will post more detailed info towards the end of this month,
but now candidates can at least reserve this in their holliday planning.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Ok Bart, dates look good for me, where will the boat be moored? What equipment would we need to bring? Presumably you have a few spare cylinders and weights? Wouldn't want to try and carry them as hand luggage :)

rafiki_

Visit site

Bart,

Really sorry, but I can't make this week, will be in Brazil opening a new subsidiary for my business.

Will look forward to the posts with great envy!!

MapisM

Visit site
dates look good for me
+1.
Possibly aside from the last couple of days, when I'll have to leave to prepare Genoa boat show.
Re. the equipment, do you think it's possible to hire something in SoF?
I have my stuff onboard, and I'm not sure to be willing to bring all that, aside maybe from the regulators, which already have the connection for the Aladin Air...

BartW

www.amptec.be
Ok Bart, dates look good for me, where will the boat be moored? What equipment would we need to bring? Presumably you have a few spare cylinders and weights? Wouldn't want to try and carry them as hand luggage :)

cylinders and weight I will provide, (for all)
great you will be there LJS !

BartW

www.amptec.be
+1.
Possibly aside from the last couple of days, when I'll have to leave to prepare Genoa boat show

doesn't that ORY come along porquerolles when heading to Genoa coincidently ? :)

I will bring a few spare dive sets (jacket and regulators) can't promise for everybody, also no garanty about size and quality.
one for MapisM is reserved.

you all have to bring your own wetsuit, unless you want to rent one in a local dive shop.
I will find out in advance which local dive shop is convenient.

mitchc

Visit site

Hi Bart,
The dates work for me! Can I bring the wife too?
I'm probably going to drive down and depending upon how the April trip goes, I may possibly even bring the RIB again.
If anyone wants to take their own dive kit and doesn't want to pay the crazy excess baggage charges, I'll have plenty of room in the Landcruiser...

jfm

Visit site
I need a little while longer (a week or two) to confirm the dates because I have a few balls up in the air. And anyway I'm not used to such long range planning :)

BartW

www.amptec.be
Hi Bart,
The dates work for me! Can I bring the wife too?
I'm probably going to drive down and depending upon how the April trip goes, I may possibly even bring the RIB again.
If anyone wants to take their own dive kit and doesn't want to pay the crazy excess baggage charges, I'll have plenty of room in the Landcruiser...

Good plan Mitch,
sure you can bring your wife, the more women the better,
especially now that Jfm is not sure if he can come and bring the babes :)

very good plan to drive down, could solve a few logistic issues,
and
Waw, a dive cruise with 2 dive tenders ! great idea

BartW

www.amptec.be
I need a little while longer (a week or two) to confirm the dates because I have a few balls up in the air. And anyway I'm not used to such long range planning :)

We would be glad to have you around J, even just a couple of day's,
but I can understand and apreciate that you might have other restrictions or obligations

For the coming season I'm almost fully booked with BA
the proposed week is the best (and only) available moment in my agenda,
thumbs up !

Pinnacle

Visit site
Bart

Fantastic news. I have put the dates in the diary. If allowed, SWMBO may also wish to come (but not to dive) . I will bring own wetsuit but would much appreciate your offer of bcd, regs and cylinder. Looking forward to it hugely! My last dive was in Egypt in 2010, so I will try to do a refresher dive in the UK before then.