Forum Dive cruise On Blue Angel october 2013

scubaman

Visit site
Uhh, I can feel the pressure, I just hope I don't cock this up...

20131003_154559_zps1404a869.jpg

More to follow :)

Btw, it has been just amazing.

BartW

www.amptec.be
short update,

last wednesday, wind prediction for thursday and friday was very bad, very strong easterly...
In St Tropez was a huge gathering for sail boats all week, so no space for BA in the port (tried already to book 2 weeks in advance, but no possibility)

so then we decided to sail all the way from Theoule to Toulon,
we passed along Agai (met Belgium dive friends),
skipped saint tropez bay,
then Pamplonne (huge sail race was going on)
lunch stop in Cavalaire bay east side (nice place never been there)
then crossing to port Cros where we did a dive,
next trough horse shoe bay, straight to Porquerolle island, along red dod bay, and along the Proquerolle village / marina
second dive on west side of Porq
and then at planing speed to Toulon,
arrival just after sun set.

was very gladd to see a 22kn speed@2000 RPM on the display,
(lo on fuel and fresh water BUT with the weight of 8 scuba tanks/gear loaded, and the draft from the stabs)
normal average is 20kn@2000RPM

yesterday the guests discovered Toulon city,
and today 6 of them went by car visiting port Grimaud and St Tropez (25-30kn wind today!)
Mapism and S have to leavy us today after lunch,
last occasion for myself to enjoy my favourite S / Italian kitchen

tomorrow we will hopefully be able to go out for a dive nearby.

rafiki_

Visit site
Thanks for the update Bart. For those of us looking at the horizontal rain outside, a bit of breeze on the SoF sounds delightful :)
Forecast is quite good for the UK this weekend, so we will be on board Rafiki. Cant wait :D

MapisM

Visit site
tomorrow we will hopefully be able to go out for a dive nearby.
Our very best wishes for that to the whole BA crew!
We just arrived in Antibes, and it's still blowing quite strong also here at the moment...
Anyway, it's been a great pleasure indeed to spend some quality time together, enjoying B and E hospitality.
Cheers everybody, also on behalf of S! :)

alt

Visit site
Sitting on the flybridge with a beer in hand on the last day. Just after a 37m wreck dive.... In a wetsuit!

Need I say more?

Pinnacle

Visit site
Now at Nice airport on the way home. Huge thaks to BartW and E for their hospitality and kindness during the week. It has been great to meet some new Forumites as well as to meet old friends again. I am sure there will be some great photos appearing over the next few days - no pressure Scubaman and E!

scubaman

Visit site
It's been a week to remember. Seeing the places often mentioned here from onboard BA, meeting the very nice people, the diving, etc.

Big thanks to Bart and E who made us feel welcome to their fine ship and took such a good care of us.

Return to the 'real' world will take some adjusting... :)

Btw, the stabs did a fantastic job all week. Very very impressive.

Pics to follow.

Last edited:

Gemini

Visit site
BartW and Elle thank you for the great week aboard BA and your excellent hospitality on board your wonderful craft
It was also great to meet the other formites and spend many hours eating and drinking and sharing stories
We have just had a long late lunch in Nice Old Town and made it back to the hotel before it rained (alt you and your wishful thinking)
Photos to follow next week

alt

Visit site
Here are some pics from my phone, so not great quality and of nothing in particular, however they'll give a taster before scubaman comes along with the better pics (no pressure, KK!)

I also have some pics from my camera which i'll upload when I get a chance.

In no particular order....

IMAG0440_zps02087fad.jpg

mmmm wake!

Close to Cannes, on anchorage for the night:
IMAG0438_zps3298d61b.jpg

IMAG0437_zps3a66b6a8.jpg

These underwater LED's are amazing at night:
IMAG0435_zps2516d47d.jpg

IMAG0435_zps2516d47d.jpg

IMAG0427_zps9a4fddac.jpg

You could fit a small country on the flybridge
IMAG0426_zpsa93fda84.jpg

IMAG0425_zps1adfd03e.jpg

Cannes ain't cheap, but worth it for 1 or two....
IMAG0422_zpsd2a1d1ff.jpg

This is west of Monaco, this M/Y left the marina and kept pace with us for a while:
IMAG0420_zps59b9b9c0.jpg

IMAG0419_zpsd017e051.jpg

IMAG0418_zps3b0c2238.jpg

IMAG0415_zps1f663355.jpg

Monaco:
IMAG0414_zps0890c48f.jpg

IMAG0413_zpsb3d6ec49.jpg

IMAG0412_zps994d722a.jpg

IMAG0410_zps5d7d27df.jpg

IMAG0409_zps5986f708.jpg

IMAG0409_zps5986f708.jpg

IMAG0407_zps7b2a66a3.jpg

I don't want to be repeating on what has already been said, but it was great to meet new people and have the banter. A special THANK YOU to Bart and E for having us for the week. These guys are truly special and their generosity knows no bounds. For someone to take a crowd of 8 on their boat for a full week is no easy task. Bart and E could not have been nicer and were excellent hosts. I only hope we can all return the favour to you soon.

Re. the Med... After a week of cruising, I now see the attraction. I am not in a position time-wise to have a boat in the Med right now, but it is something I will do in the future (Congrats Bart, your job with the Cote d'Azor tourist board is working!!!)

It was also great to meet JTB and Richard Shead and put faces to names... what an enjoyable 'lunch' we had!

We didn't get to see Match2, I was advised that the boat was busy the day we were in Antibes so didn't want to barge in.... maybe again

MapisM

Visit site
Warning: NSFW, if you're at your office in a rainy day....

Ok, I'll throw in another appetizer, i.e. a short clip with a collage of some FDC moments.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

This is the anchorage where poster Coliholic fell out of TCM's tender at 35knots doing tight turns.
It was also the anchorage in which tcm attached a home made wooden shark's fin to his back and swam just off the beach. I don't think I've laughed so much in my life:D