Forgot how much windage on a MoBo !

Refueler

Visit site
Decided to give the Primor 24 a short run on the river ... winds blowing moderate 10m/s across my canal.

Boat ran like a dream ... and because its easier to exit canal bow first ... I normally take her in stern first ...

mmmm I forgot the windage of this boat .. wind was blowing off the pontoon ... and I was on my own ... so it took a few attempts to get her close and for me to step off with lines ...

Bouba

Visit site
Decided to give the Primor 24 a short run on the river ... winds blowing moderate 10m/s across my canal.

Boat ran like a dream ... and because its easier to exit canal bow first ... I normally take her in stern first ...

mmmm I forgot the windage of this boat .. wind was blowing off the pontoon ... and I was on my own ... so it took a few attempts to get her close and for me to step off with lines ...
Sounds like risky behavior

Refueler

Visit site
The canal I have at back of house - the pontoons I have reduce the width to turn in .. so I prefer to back in so I can just start and go !!

The canal also has a 'hump' .. a mud bar at entrance that excavator cannot get to .. something that I am hoping to solve.

Bouba

Visit site
The canal I have at back of house - the pontoons I have reduce the width to turn in .. so I prefer to back in so I can just start and go !!

The canal also has a 'hump' .. a mud bar at entrance that excavator cannot get to .. something that I am hoping to solve.
I mean jumping off with ropes in hand while being blown off the pontoon

Refueler

Visit site
Jump ?? No way !! ...

Ropes checked clear to run ... and plenty slack so even if boat moves significant off the pontton - it doesn't pull me in ..

Boat backed and aft stbd 1/4 against pontoon .. I step via the engine bay ventilator to pontoon ... the high bow is swinging but stern is slower ..

pnaPkDdl.jpg

Alicatt

Visit site
Our mooring at the Haven is quite sheltered so not too much problems with the wind coming in there.
A few km up the canal there is a rising bridge and it is really open there, if thee is a delay in getting the bridge opened then it is much safer to come alongside and hold on until it opens. First time there the wind was blowing over the open carparks there and I was motoring in circles to try and keep from blowing away, after that the wife has the boathook to hand and will latch on to the grating as we get to the bridge. We call the keeper on the GSM and he opens the bridge but not before he can see us come round the bend, going North is fine but coming back South is a pain as that wind really takes the bow in hand.