Footballer Wives

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Well at last we have an insight into the type of people that buy Sealines, and more importantly the depths that Sealine are willing to stoop to to gain a little publicity /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BrendanS

Visit site
I presume this is some sort of reference to trash tv. Dunno, cos never watched it. However, we do now know who watches this type of stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

peterandjeanette

Visit site
Must be some significance in the fact it was on the SALES pontoon of the Racecourse Basin. I also note the owner is about to be castrated by a harpoon gun. (Why would the owner have a loaded harpoon gun on the Thames? Mounted on the side of his boat. The forumites on the Thames aren't that bad. Glad I don't follow football.)

Alistairr

Visit site
I don't think you can class it as product placement.

It was a fair old Sealine, and there was no view of the Sealine name.
However the boat i guess was renamed for the programme...'Seaduction'!!!!!
If it was it was a better advert for Glastron, huge sign in the background!!

I did think it funny too having a Harpoon gun tied to the bow of the boat, didn't know where the boat was but guessed it might be the Thames.

Yes, i did see it, and that part was taped, cause we had visitors arrive at that point!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Yeah you're right, no Premier League footballer would be seen dead on a Sealine. More likely Sunseeker me thinks.

Anyone got any evidence? What do footballers buy?

P.S. Don't suggest Beckham/Princess as this was all a load of untrue hype.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Interesting question although of course no footballer would be intelligent enough to get Day Skipper. Actually, I guess their insurance policies would prohibit them from doing anything remotely dangerous like boating
Not the first time Sealine have dabbled in product placement. Anyone remember Howards Way in which a 285 (I think) was featured quite prominently?

ballena

Visit site
I'm rushing of to get me one of those harpoon thingys just incase!!!!!!

Come on guys it only telly amd SWMBO reckons the nails and clothes are more important than some boat ona river, now if it were in the open sea then that would be different. Low budget TV probably prevents them from opening the throttles past idle.

ashanta

Visit site
I think Bergerac drove a Triumph Gloria, I think the sweeny drove different cars but I remember them driving Ford granada. I think they kept getting smashed up and they used old cars for the scenes.
and a Red dodge for dukes of H.

Regards.

Peter.

SteveE

www.xisis.net
It was a a very old F43 it was on the Thames at RYB so they are a Sealine dealer so what would you expect? and as pointed out before no Sealine badges anywhere... Here in Port Solent 2 footballers have Sealines 1 has a Sunseeker and 1 Azimut, just shows if you have lots of money you would not buy a Fairline or a Princess...

JKay

Visit site
Pete if they had the IQ to buy a boat they would take a DIVE at the first lock and then appeal to the the lockie for another go

cheers Joe /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alistairr

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
as pointed out before no Sealine badges anywhere

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it was me that said that earlier in the thread, But thats not strictly true!!!! As the couple walked onto the boat, there was a view of the shiney weaver davits, the name could be seen quite clearly in the reflection of the shiney metel!!!

Sad git or what!!!