Fluxgate compass

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
I found the problem after fixated perseverance. A broken wire, easy enoufg to reconnect once located.

But of course, it was hidden from view behind cabinetry in an inaccessible corner.

Boat is steering itself beautifully now.
This is setting a good example for others 🪛

🧙‍♂️ PabloPicasso, the Wizard of endurance.

lustyd

Visit site
I used my phone as a mirror, and had to reach in at full stretch with one arm, strip a bit more cable, push open the connector block, and get the cable into the right position to make a good re-connection
Which actually sounds easier than it probably was! Those Raymarine "quick" connectors look easy but often take quite a bit of force and a screwdriver to open the spring.
This could well explain why it failed in the first place. Are you able to move the box? Often there's a coil of wire zip tied on the sensor cables as a lot of pro installers seem to prefer not to cut them down, giving flexibility later.

PabloPicasso

Visit site
Which actually sounds easier than it probably was! Those Raymarine "quick" connectors look easy but often take quite a bit of force and a screwdriver to open the spring.
This could well explain why it failed in the first place. Are you able to move the box? Often there's a coil of wire zip tied on the sensor cables as a lot of pro installers seem to prefer not to cut them down, giving flexibility later.
Yes, exactly that. Of course it was in a cramped dark inaccessible spot, making what should have been a straight forward task as awkward as hell.

I have advised the owner (my good friend) to fit some type of cable restraint. Those sticky squares that can be screwed in and give a cable tie attachment place might be a good option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240806_191148_com.android.chrome_edit_2520107924511806.jpg
    Screenshot_20240806_191148_com.android.chrome_edit_2520107924511806.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: