Fletcher 199 arrowshaft info please?

PorkPie Jedi

Visit site
Hi very new to this.
I have inherited off my late father a Boat. It is in need of major renovation. He had it for quite a few years stored in a field but always dreamed of getting it on the water. I know it's a money pit and I am aware it will never be worth more than a fraction of what it's going to cost to get it back on the water but this is something I am determined to do.

So we have identified the Boat as a Fletcher 199 Arrowshaft by searching for hours of google.

So what I'm looking for is any information on this model of boat and any pictures of the interior and exterior. The screen has been replaced at some point which I would like to put back to near original if I can.

Also I've seen Fletch Bravo and GTS mentioned in model descriptions. What are these referring too.

Many thanks for any information or advise the more the merrier would be much appreciated

Bigplumbs

Visit site
GTS stands for a stern drive boat with an indoard engine as opposed to GTO which stands for outboard motor/Engine. Has your boat got an outboard or inboard. I think Bravo was just a sort of special eddition.
The Arrowshaft like all Fletchers was and is a very good boat.

Good luck with the restoration. Can you post some pictures as the boat is now

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
Nice boat :)

It is important to do some preparation before you start, as it is crucial to use the right materials and methods to preserve the boat ( & value).
The work can be a little or a lot, on the boat and engine as well as equipment and accessories.
Once you have an overview and know what you need or want to do, collect prices as much as you can.

The engine alone may surprise you - they are not cheap to repair

jakew009

Visit site
Hi very new to this.
I have inherited off my late father a Boat. It is in need of major renovation. He had it for quite a few years stored in a field but always dreamed of getting it on the water. I know it's a money pit and I am aware it will never be worth more than a fraction of what it's going to cost to get it back on the water but this is something I am determined to do.

So we have identified the Boat as a Fletcher 199 Arrowshaft by searching for hours of google.

So what I'm looking for is any information on this model of boat and any pictures of the interior and exterior. The screen has been replaced at some point which I would like to put back to near original if I can.

Also I've seen Fletch Bravo and GTS mentioned in model descriptions. What are these referring too.

Many thanks for any information or advise the more the merrier would be much appreciated
Depending on how long it’s been sat in a field for, this sort of project normally seems to take 2-5 years and probably 10-20 grand. Most never finish :)

McBoat

Visit site
If you reach out to Ant Gittings at Midlands Nautiques, he could help. He used to work at Fletcher and will know others who did aswelĺ.

PorkPie Jedi

Visit site
Thanks and yes I'm fully aware it will be a money pit. I've already learnt what boat means , 'Bring Out Another Thousand'.

I would ideally like it on the water in 2 to three years.

I collected it 3 years ago and it's been in storage since. With limited access I've only managed to get the floor stripped out. The Transum was stripped out by my father before he died.

I have now after alot of negotiations and compromises secured a better location where I can tackle the project at full steam (at home) with the estates manager ( the wife).

So home it comes in three weeks time.

Now some have requested pics. Please don't laugh!!

So first job will be to remove and ditch the screen and tidy up the hull and get it back to white.

Attachments

• IMG-20180728-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180728-WA0000.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20180728-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20180728-WA0004.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 30

harvey38

Visit site
Thanks and yes I'm fully aware it will be a money pit. I've already learnt what boat means , 'Bring Out Another Thousand'.

I collected it 3 years ago and it's been in storage since. With limited access I've only managed to get the floor stripped out. The Transum was stripped out by my father before he died.

I have now after alot of negotiations and compromises secured a better location where I can tackle the project at full steam (at home) with the estates manager ( the wife).

So first job will be to remove and ditch the screen and tidy up the hull and get it back to white.
Don't ditch anything, by all means remove it but most things can be repaired/reused/refitted but something like that will be very difficult to replace once gone!

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site

It is atill a lovely boat.
I'd plan to put back to original (as far as possible), making good whatever owners in the meantime unfortunately have done, and update with care.

I still woudn't start without a realistic budget.

PorkPie Jedi

Visit site
Well the madness begins.
I bought the 199 home yesterday and cancelled the storage.

So first job, renew the Transom. The top of the transom has been removed and all the old rotten wood has been removed.

Now do I go for a wet system or another ply core?

I'm steering towards a wet system as it will be a once only repair.

Thoughts and advise please

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Well the madness begins.
I bought the 199 home yesterday and cancelled the storage.

So first job, renew the Transom. The top of the transom has been removed and all the old rotten wood has been removed.

Now do I go for a wet system or another ply core?

I'm steering towards a wet system as it will be a once only repair.

Thoughts and advise please
Not sure I know what you mean by a wet system is it pour in epoxy or somthing similar

QBhoy

Visit site
Hi.
I’m not certain she’s an arrowshaft 199, to be honest. The arrowshaft, although very similar in its narrow beam like that, has a slightly different lower hull bow line. Most noticeably different though, is the very different windscreen.
Don’t quote me on it right now…but I have a feeling, what you might actually have there, is one of the very few remaining very specially built racing hulls. They had that very distinctive cut down windscreen you have. Narrow hull, similar to the 199. There was a 25ft model and I’m sure a smaller 20/21ft model too.
Could be wrong…but it’s definitely different at the windscreen and lower hull than the 199. There isn’t another mass produced hull that size that’s as narrow as that either. Only the racing built models had a low profile windshield like that, I’m sure.
Perhaps it’s been added or replaced with that over the years ? Still looks a little different elsewhere to me though.
Pictured is one of the 20/21ft racing hills below. Labelled as an arrowbolt 21 there. But certainly, the normal arrowbolt 21 of that era was nothing like that. Much wider and totally different upper hull/deck and windscreen. This is what I think yours might actually be. Only the racing hills had those features. Hull is more like the 199, than the 21.

Attachments

• IMG_2571.jpeg
    IMG_2571.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 16

PorkPie Jedi

Visit site
That s very interesting and would love some more pictures or dimensions to narrow this down. The windscreen has been modified / cut down

There are holes on the deck where I would presume the handrails went ( judging by other pics of the 199.

I would love confirmation either way.

PorkPie Jedi

Visit site
Does anyone have a brochure for the 199 or dimensions?

All the 199 pictures I've scanned over the last few years lead me to believe it's a 199 with a modified screen

QBhoy

Visit site
I've just had confirmation from very knowledgeable fletcher man ( ex employee) it's definitely a mid 80s 199 with modified screen.
Look at the screen on that racing boat I pictured above. Although described as an arrowbolt in the picture. I’m almost certain these were actually 199 hulls or based on them..but with a cut down screen. It looks identical to your screen.