Flag signal codes

G

I know the meanings of the single flag codes but does anyone know where I can find the meaning of the various 2 and 3 flag signal codes? i've tried web searches without success.

G

I once saw them in an Admiralty Publication, cannot remember the name, but it was rather expensive.

G

Signals

You'll find them in the 'International Code of Signals'.

G

Re: Signals

International Coode of Signals .... A Yellow covered soft back book of some expense that is required to be carried on ALL Merchant Ships.

You should be able to get from any Chart Agent / Warsash Nautical Book Shop etc.

G

Try this site: www.pollux.nss.nima.mil/pubs/ It's a United States Military site where, besides a whole bunch of useful publications, you'll find the ENTIRE Book of International Code Signals! These books are in .pdf format and so can be read by using Acrobat 4.0. Although you can download them for free, courtesy of Uncle Sam, I doubt whether printing them yourself works out less expensive - They're M A S S I V E! Another useful book that is available on this site is the famous 'Bowditch' which has helped me through many a lunch break at the office.........! Fair Winds!

G

Tried this address and it seems to be inaccurate? Can you check it please?

G

Re: Flag codes

I have a old pocket sized edition of Browns Signals- covers two & some three flag signals. The medical codes make interesting reading!