First trip to Cardiff

sch3nk3r

Visit site
Hi
I posted back in Febuary when we first started to plan for this trip! WELL it has finally come around. We are setting off for Cardiff this week with a planned lock out of Sharpness on Friday, weather permitting. The boat is full of fuel, engines serviced and all crew prepared and ready for action.
If anyone is interested we have started a blog to record our journey. a bit tongue in cheek but should update our friends of progress.
www.goingtosea2013.blogspot.co.uk
If you see us out (La Compromise) give us a wave or say hello
Cheers

tonyone01

Visit site
We did the same journey last Saturday. Left Sharpness lock at 10:00 ( 1 hour before high tide) and arrived at Cardiff Barrage 90 mins later. You will really enjoy the crossing - we did. If you are about on Saturday come and say hello we are currently on I pontoon in Penarth Marina. Good luck and have fun.

Tucepi

Visit site
You will be very welcome at Penarth Marina and you will soon notice the large number of berth holders from around the Midlands. Have a good trip and enjoy it as it wil soon be over.

rafiki_

Visit site
We did the same journey last Saturday. Left Sharpness lock at 10:00 ( 1 hour before high tide) and arrived at Cardiff Barrage 90 mins later. You will really enjoy the crossing - we did. If you are about on Saturday come and say hello we are currently on I pontoon in Penarth Marina. Good luck and have fun.

Apologies for the Fred Rift, but good to hear that you had a great passage to Penarth Tony.