Fingerprints and the new EU Entry Exit system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zing

Visit site
more of this to come?
Indeed. The US take your fingerprints whenever you arrive. Your face is recorded as an alien. They can compel you to hand over phone and computer passwords. They can read your emails and social media posts. The only thing the don’t have is DNA, yet... It won’t be long before you are blocked from travel for hate-think. In China the government has facial recognition cameras everywhere. They have a database of the whole population and have access to all your internet and phone communications. They do curtail all your freedoms for the most minor of unapproved attitudes with their social credit system. In the UK we have GCHQ, which monitors all internet use. Thanks to Snowden, we know to a degree how much we are spied on by government. The new UK ’rights bill‘ proposed is an example of the extension of this madness of state strangleholds and will lead to a Chinese social credit system.

We have seen the growth of the malign powers of government throughout the pandemic and how the abuse power when they get control. They are doing no good and will do only evil with this information. It is 1984, right here, right now.

Last edited:

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
The fingerprint ID is not on your passport though, is it?

All these global entry kiosks show is that the person who uses one is in the system for the future. Information for the country/state you are visiting.

Last time I went through an International Airport it was just Passport check, eyeball and facial recognition.

I am not sure when I applied for my French passport which is done at the local mairie taking about 5 minutes and is available for collection in about 10 days, you get an e mail advising you it's ready, back to the point they took my fingerprints now that might have been an identity cross check with my id card but one or the other or both has my dabs recorded.

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
For sailors, the issue isn't the speed of the terminal in processing the scan, it's the sparsity of terminals.

The terminals are small just a bit bigger than a credit card scanner, it's whether they are linked to a database that is the issue scanning the finger prints is not the problem it's verifying them that is the issue.

robertj

Visit site
Indeed. The US take your fingerprints whenever you arrive. Your face is recorded as an alien. They can compel you to hand over phone and computer passwords. They can read your emails and social media posts. The only thing the don’t have is DNA, yet... It won’t be long before you are blocked from travel for hate-think. In China the government has facial recognition cameras everywhere. They have a database of the whole population and have access to all your internet and phone communications. They curtail all your freedoms for the most minor of unapproved attitudes with their social credit system. In the UK we have GCHQ, which monitors all internet use. Thanks to Snowden, we know to a degree how much we are spied on by government. The new UK ’rights bill‘ proposed is an example of the extension of this madness of state stranglehold’s and will lead to a Chinese social credit system.

We have seen the growth of the malign powers of government throughout the pandemic and how the abuse power when they get control. They are doing no good and will do only evil with this information. It is 1984, right here, right now.

I quite agree.
social credit is a China creation which us free (ha ha) will absolutely love.
Indeed. The US take your fingerprints whenever you arrive. Your face is recorded as an alien. They can compel you to hand over phone and computer passwords. They can read your emails and social media posts. The only thing the don’t have is DNA, yet... It won’t be long before you are blocked from travel for hate-think. In China the government has facial recognition cameras everywhere. They have a database of the whole population and have access to all your internet and phone communications. They curtail all your freedoms for the most minor of unapproved attitudes with their social credit system. In the UK we have GCHQ, which monitors all internet use. Thanks to Snowden, we know to a degree how much we are spied on by government. The new UK ’rights bill‘ proposed is an example of the extension of this madness of state stranglehold’s and will lead to a Chinese social credit system.

The funny thing about this all is that the people crave it.
but ……. ‘You will own nothing and be happy’ and the elite will own everything and be happier lol
The social credit system will be fantastic won’t it?

robertj

Visit site
What is 'social credit'?

I suggest you investigate it and draw your own conclusions (while you’re into that look at the new NHS document). its based on the fantastic system that the communist Chinese implemented on their citizens.

Last edited:

Birdseye

Visit site
The new EU entry tracking system will apply facial and fingerprint biometrics to visitors from '3rd countries' - and so this applies to UK nationals.

What The House of Lords says:-
https://committees.parliament.uk/co...-in-new-eu-travel-rules-says-lords-committee/

Some detail from a systems supplier:-
The Schengen Entry/Exit System: biometrics to facilitate smart borders
The irony of this of course is that its the UK who should be taking these steps to control illegal immigration from France. But no doubt we wont reciprocate or if we try it wont work.

Amusing to see the Lords pontificating. Anyone think the EU will take any notice?

P.S. Why do we need to travel to the EU? We rarely if ever did when I was a kid - our visit to Denmark at that time was something exotic and caused chat amongst the neighbours. Mind you most families had bad experiences of euro travel in those days

Last edited:

robertj

Visit site
The irony of this of course is that its the UK who should be taking these steps to control illegal immigration from France. But no doubt we wont reciprocate or if we try it wont work.

the dinghy asylumseekers are being issued with phones and passes in France to enter. Great system lol

Poignard

Visit site
the dinghy asylumseekers are being issued with phones and passes in France to enter. Great system lol
Since our local council has again failed again to empty our dustbins due to many of its drivers having gone off to drive delivery lorries (attracted by higher wages), I think it would be helpful if the French government were to teach the migrants to drive HGVs before they embarked for our shores.

lustyd

Visit site
I don't understand the grounds on which anyone would object to giving his/her fingerprints to bona fide government authorities
And yet here you are commenting on it as if you did understand. This is precisely the problem, the people who don't understand greatly outnumber the people who do understand, and so we have an inevitable slip into losing our freedom and rights.

cherod

Visit site
And yet here you are commenting on it as if you did understand. This is precisely the problem, the people who don't understand greatly outnumber the people who do understand, and so we have an inevitable slip into losing our freedom and rights.
Well there are quite a few in Canada ,, Australia , NZ , Austria , France , Guadalahara ( wonder how many forumites know what happened there ;) ) Peru , London , well quite a lot of places actually , but seemingly , unfortunatly , still in a minority ☹

capnsensible

Visit site
Reading this stuff, I wonder how many sailors have actually cleared themselves, yacht and crew into foreign countries?

There is a whole world of restrictions, bureaucracy, control and ......long queues plus expenses waiting for them.

Of course, the vast majority who do travel get on with it without complaint.

jordanbasset

Visit site
Reading this stuff, I wonder how many sailors have actually cleared themselves, yacht and crew into foreign countries?

There is a whole world of restrictions, bureaucracy, control and ......long queues plus expenses waiting for them.

Of course, the vast majority who do travel get on with it without complaint.
I think the issue is we have been spoiled as we had 26 countries on our doorstep where it was until recently very easy to enter with minimal hurdles.
Now we've 'taken back control' some seem surprised others have done the same...

Last edited:

capnsensible

Visit site
I think the issue is we have been spoiled as we had 26 countries on our doorstep where it was until recently very easy to enter with minimal hurdles.
Worth noting that from a yachtsmans perspective, it's all about teamwork and taking responsibility.

I'm sure there are plenty of other websites where the crankers can go and whinge. :)

Boathook

Visit site
I don't remember any problems going to France in the late 60's with my parents on their plywood boat. French customs normally rolled up after duty free had been ordered and harbour master had visited.

Great Times on the dodgems at Calais at 1 franc or 10p ago. Cheaper dodgems was crossing the roads!

lustyd

Visit site
Taking fingerprints from people in border control does nothing whatsoever to stop illegal immigration. By its very definition illegal immigration does not go through border control. Also, the UK doesn't have a real problem with illegal immigration, the headlines are to prep us for these types of privacy and liberty loss. Just like how immigration was used to get the masses frothing at the mouth about Brexit. It's surprisingly easy to make a population do things they shoudln't.
It's surprising how many on this thread are confusing bureacracy with freedom. Fingerprints will reduce bureacracy and make travel less cumbersome. The cost of this is yet to be seen, but I am quite confident having watched the Covid fiasco that these systems will be abused as soon as they go live.

Status
Not open for further replies.