Finally, a use for an umbrella on a boat!

LittleSister

Me Norfolk/Suffolk border - Boat Deben & Southwold
Visit site
Now we need to find a use for a 'bicycle...

An exercise bike might come in handy, given the astonishing range of mod cons and other labour saving devices some seem to have on their boats. ;)

(Have people forgotten that shivering, for example, is pretty good at burning off the fat, not to mention stiffening one's moral fibre! 😁 )

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
An exercise bike might come in handy, given the astonishing range of mod cons and other labour saving devices some seem to have on their boats. ;)

(Have people forgotten that shivering, for example, is pretty good at burning off the fat, not to mention stiffening one's moral fibre! 😁 )

I don't know about moral fibres, mostly my knees which get stiff these days:(.

B27

Visit site
I walked to the shops in the rain today.
My umbrella was on the boat.
Where it was very useful a few weeks ago, I like a bit of shade these days, even in Devon's attempt at strong sun.

greeny

Visit site
But if you are very experienced, you also know how bouncy is the inside of an umbrella. 😁

It is only delaying the inevitable by less than a second, and widening the area you'll have to search the bottom with a magnet!
Put an old towel in it and it cushions the bounce. :) Just don't forget you've dropped something in it and pull the towel out to wipe your hands part way through the job. 😧