Fast blokes and boats

G

David Coulthard has a Princess V40, and another bigger stinkpot called 'The Highlander' or 'The Jockstrap' or something. My question is: what make/model is it?
(plus any other F1/boaty-related knowledge keenly appreciated- accept that Eddie Jordan has a Sunseeker 105... I know)

<hr width=100% size=1>

Visit site
Ralf Schumacher has just taken delivery of his new Elegance 105, Eddie Jordan has a Sunseeker 105, Colin McRae has a Princess, Mansell had a string of Sunseekers in fact nearly all the top drivers are given/loaned which ever make and model of yacht they choose to be seen in. Most of them also have a larger and more private yacht for when they want to relax and escape the media for a while.

<hr width=100% size=1>

byron

RIP
Visit site
Not Fair

<font color=blue> It ain't fair. I'm pretty cool on the Scalextric but nobody every offered me a free Sunseeker.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

martynwhiteley

Visit site
Keep Things in Perspective!

Quite, but would a 8" thin plastic model boat with a 12v electric motor look very cool on your mooring! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue>Quick, grab the boat hook.....</font color=blue>

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: Keep Things in Perspective!

<font color=blue>I will settle for that... when you going to send me one. Make sure it's radio control and if it's twin screw then ensure the props are handed.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

martynwhiteley

Visit site
Re: Keep Things in Perspective!

Not sure you'd want it Byron.

Princess made the bolts holding the motor in place, Birchwood installed the wiring, Bayliner designed the deadrise, and Fletcher issued the warranty.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=blue>Quick, grab the boat hook.....</font color=blue>

G

Russell - do you know which model Princess is Colin McRae's, and where kept? I assume Monaco
thanks

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfm

Visit site
some bits of info

There is a Canados 24m yacht called Highlander (which is def the name of DC's big boat, not his little V40) listed <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtbrokers-int.com/highlander_for_charter.htm>here</A> but not shure if it's DC's or another highlander. Certainly looks plausible - has a scots captain and in Antibes.

Jordan's 105 the snapper is on Quai Ouest in Golfe Juan.
Button's Princess 20m (yeuk) is called little missy.
You should check spelling of Irvine's Anaconda S - issit Annaconda S?
Ralf Shooey's Elegance 105 was featured in last month's BoatInt, on the front cover
Villeneuve is the most serious F1 boater. Has a Formula muscle boat, and has had an Abbate. Also owns (lives on? in Monaco) Bliss, a 40m Codecasa. Was previously called something like Illicky.
Henry Taylor, an utter gent, ex F1 driver for Lotus in the 60s and now owner of Yachting Partners, Sunseeker dealer in SofF, is a mine of info if you're stuck

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfm

Visit site
vill-nerve\'s boat

Oooer justfoundit, here's villeneuve's codecasa:

bliss.jpg

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Re: some bits of info

jfm - three things:
1. You are the man. I knew some of those, but you filled the gaps admirably. Henry Taylor - hadn't thought of asking him. We know him through Ray Bulman and YP, but I have found the F1 set to be very protective of their own and not keen to blow whistle on their kin's yachts. Still, thanks, worth a try.
2. Pic of Vill Neuve's 'Bliss'. Where did you get it? - I need a high res version.
3. Had you written a 'Favourite Place' for MBY? Please submit if its done, or let me know if not happening.
thanks
ws

<hr width=100% size=1>

jfm

Visit site

Will:
1. Henry is v knowledgeable. A complete gent, he helped us buy our berth in Golfe Juan last year. There's a tribute to him on the sunseeker website. He has brokered many F1 drivers' boat purchases. But you're right, he is too polite and discreet to say stuff that his clients prefer to keep private. Ahem apols for apparent name dropping but I have worked in some bits of F1 a fair bit, I advised the San Francisco private equity firm that bought F1 (SLEC) off Bernie Ecclestone and sold it to EMTV/Kirsch, and have advised Patrick MacNally, so know the F1 chiefs a bit, hence get boatie tittle-tattle off them now and again. But couldn't claim to be an insider, more a besuited bod they use for investment banking stuff, now and again.

2. Vill Nerve's Bliss. He has owned it several years and never charters, so it is virtually invisible on www. It's sometimes said he lives on it full time, but I'm not sure. That's the only pic I know - on <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtandcrew.com>http://www.yachtandcrew.com</A> then click motoryacht pic gallery, and they're alphabetically listed. But beware using that listing of megayachts - it is mostly ok but there are a number of clear errors and out of date entries.
I think Bliss lives permanently in one of the monaco marinas. The best way to get a pic is just fly down for the day. (I'm tryner help you out here...). Tell Tom you are doing a moonlight article on yacht cinemas for a smart house magazine or something at the same time (oops that slipped out... :))

3. Ooh yes dang. I have that favourite place thing on hard drive. Thort I'd sent it. Will PM it today, sorry

4. Did Highlander check out? Is the Canados in Antibes DC's boat?

G

Thanks Learner.
Does anyone who's still on this thread knowsa photographer/nosey parker in Fontveille/Monaco/Cap D'Ail etc who would be up for a few sneeky snaps at magazine rates (interest suddenly wanes..) of a couple of well known yachts? I cannot get down there myself, chiz chiz.

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Many thanks for insight jfm. Should have come to you weeks ago! Will try Henry - at this stage I just need pics. and proving to be v elusive (odd in EI's case, coz he wants rid, therefore any publicity is good..)

Does anyone who's still on this thread knowsa photographer/nosey parker in Fontveille/Monaco/Cap D'Ail etc who would be up for a few sneeky snaps at magazine rates (interest suddenly wanes..) of a couple of well known yachts? I cannot get down there myself, chiz chiz.
wrs

<hr width=100% size=1>

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Does DC deffo have a V40? I read a feature on him year or two ago in BI and he had a Goldfish.

Believe that fast Eddie (Irvine) has a Falcon.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.FairlineOwnersClub.com>Fairline Owners's Club</A>