Fake marina invoice?

ashtead

Visit site
Has anyone ever been sent an invoice by email from a marina they visited 2 years ago but just for electricity charges? I won't name the marina as am investigating but I just thought it worth sharing as the amounts involved are small but multiplied by number of visitors could rake in a tidy sum . I am just wondering if I ignore or contact local police though? The invoice looks genuine but a number of features look odd not least as I have the receipt and have checked the rates applying in 2016 .

john

Visit site
Yes. I was surprised to see the invoice in my emails, but on opening it was for £0.00. Electric use in Jersey Marina from 2 years ago .

ashtead

Visit site
I have sent an email off today using the address as per the website of the Port as opposed to one on email and await a response. I feel I should set the record straight if they really are pursuing a debt as I might revisit . In the meantime have scanned my card receipt in case needed but I wonder what evidence they have to show I didn't pay ?

ashtead

Visit site
It's not immediately obvious it's Sage produced but the comment above from John about an invoice for£ 0.00 from Jersey indicates some issue exists with marina system and controls on electronic invoicing and data retention.