Fair-weather Liveaboard thread

Star-Lord

Visit site
Is someone who holidays - or spends half the year - on a boat a Liveaboard? I would say no. They are just using a boat as boats should be used. They live at home and are staying on a boat. A liveaboard is someone who lives permanently on a boat.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Is someone who holidays - or spends half the year - on a boat a Liveaboard? I would say no. They are just using a boat as boats should be used. They live at home and are staying on a boat. A liveaboard is someone who lives permanently on a boat.

A silly argument. If you only use the house for (say) 5 months a year, are you living at home? In normal times, we actually live aboard for longer than we live in our house so hardly counted as weekend sailors. Maybe it would be more accurate to call those living on board as their only home Houseboaters and lump you in with the residential ditch crawlers:)

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Hi Vic , I am fine don't worry , but, thanks .

It's the others that think rules and laws don't matter to them.

I had similar on the Levkas forum
Some guy wanted to go to Heathrow catch a plane to Athens catch the bus from the airport visit his 90 year old mother in downtown Athens ,then catch the bus to Levkas marina to check up on his boat ,he could see no wrong on his actions.
Thankfully the Police here are very active and fining severely €5000. for these totally selfish irresponsible people.

V1701

Visit site
Oh not again, there was someone on another thread the other day who's opinion was that during the pandemic only those who worked for the NHS and had lived on their boat for at least 12 months counted...

Star-Lord

Visit site
Oh not again, there was someone on another thread the other day who's opinion was that during the pandemic only those who worked for the NHS and had lived on their boat for at least 12 months counted...
It seems like there are more managers than workers in the NHS today. That sounds like it was written by a manager!

srm

Visit site
And your point is ....?

srm

Visit site
Sorry but I fail to see any significance or importance in the question.

When spending half the year or more on my boat then obviously I am living there, when traveling elsewhere or staying in a house that is where I am living.

But then I prefer to live in the moment.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Visit site
Just in case you had a serious point to make.
I was asking a question not making a point. But the point is open for discussion... HMRC will tell you where you live if it escapes you memory. Your answer does not cut the mustard imho.