Exemplary, my dear Watson

pandroid

www.kissen.co.uk
In this month's YM, there are three of JJ's boat reviews that use the word 'exemplary'. In 20 years of reading this august publication, I've never seen this word used before, certainly not in connection with a boat review.

Has the old boy gone soft, or is he just fitting out a new blue water cruiser?

<hr width=100% size=1>

rhinorhino

Visit site
I think the answer is elementary,.
Someone bought him a big book with words in it for Christmas.
Seriously (well almost) it is nice to see that the be kind to large volume boat manufacturers campaign continues.
I notice he didn't take up my challenge for a side by side review competition.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Viking

Visit site
Re: For a minute...

I thought that, someone had thought that Mr John Watson (MD) had got something right!
Never mind JW some day, some time!

<hr width=100% size=1>

jamesjermain

Visit site
Au contraire

Your suggestion is receiving active consideration within the YM editorial office. These things take time, but look out for future editions.

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ

jamesjermain

Visit site
Grief..!

I can only find two. Even so, point taken, 'exemplary' is now on gardening leave pending an investigation into synomym shortfall.

Just for the record, The Oceanis companionway fullfilled all my criteria for safe, practical and efficient access - a very rare event, and who could deny the word to the Najad range at some point or other. Would that I were fitting out a Najad for blue water cruising.

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ

jamesjermain

Visit site
Grief..!

I can only find two. Even so, point taken, 'exemplary' is now on gardening leave pending an investigation into synomym shortfall.

Just for the record, The Oceanis companionway fulfilled all my criteria for safe, practical and efficient access - a very rare event, and who could deny the word to the Najad range at some point or other. Would that I were fitting out a Najad for blue water cruising.

<hr width=100% size=1>JJ

G

Double posting

Glad to see even JJ occasionally posts twice!

<hr width=100% size=1>

pandroid

www.kissen.co.uk
Re: Efficient Access

....the HR40 also has 'exemplary' storage. (Although, actually, it does)

I bow to your technical expertise. To me a hatch and a ladder is, well, a hatch and a ladder. I've been completely ignorant of the finer technicalities of getting in or out of the boat. In future I shall put it on my list of criteria.

BTW. Plse tell me the 'Mediterranean Congestion Charging' piece is an April Fools Spoof. I've been waiting for someone to mention it on here to no avail. That means either it was so bloody obvious that noone was taken in, or, er, its true!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson go camping, and pitch their tent under the stars.

During the night, Holmes wakes his companion and says: "Watson, look up at the stars, and tell me what you deduce."

Watson says: "I see millions of stars, and even if a few of those have planets, it's quite likely there are some planets like Earth, and if there are a few planets like Earth out there, there might also be life."

Holmes replies: "Watson, you idiot. Somebody stole our tent."

<hr width=100% size=1>

tillergirl

Visit site
You've trimmed it a bit.

This is unpublished mystery of the Seven Tents. Holmes and Watson travel by train to a remote area of Dorset to investigate the disappearance of every tent from the red-headed league of tenters. Too late to secure accomodation in the local Inn, they settle down for the night in a local field.

After several hours, Holmes says to Watson 'Are you awake?'
Yes says Watson.
What do you make of it Watson, says Holmes.

Well said Watson
Astronomically I can deduce that the universe is vast and without end and it is truely amazing that we have life on this planet;
Astrologically I can deduce that Mars is conjoining with Jupiter and as a Cancerian that augers well for our investigation tomorrow;
Horogically, I can deduce from the position of the Pole Star that is is about twenty-two minutes past two;
Metrologically, I can deduce from the clear sky that tomorrow will be a fine sunny day with little wind;
Theologically I can deduce that we are but a tiny dot of dust in the great plan of God and should remind ourselves of the need to give due thanks.

At this Watson paused and turned to Holmes who even at this trying time was puffing on his pipe. What do you make of it Holmes?

'Someone's nicked the tent!'

Sorry for the spelling

<hr width=100% size=1>