Ever been seasick on your own boat?

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
That follows my pattern exactly. Those Waltzers are horrific but a good test for sea legs probably. Their motion pretty much mimics the down wind wallowing lots of people mention as the worst

My farcical experience of feeling seasick on the bridge wing of a VLCC at a single buoy mooring in Singapore also involved that wallowing motion. She was discharging, and was about “half out”, in a long slow swell that made her describe great slow arcs with the bridge wings. I wasn’t sick but I recognised the signs.

capnsensible

Visit site
My farcical experience of feeling seasick on the bridge wing of a VLCC at a single buoy mooring in Singapore also involved that wallowing motion. She was discharging, and was about “half out”, in a long slow swell that made her describe great slow arcs with the bridge wings. I wasn’t sick but I recognised the signs.
There is a a busy anchorage on the east side of Gibraltar and vessels there are often tide rode. That can, in some circumstances, put a bit of a swell on the beam. The rolling motion of large vessels could be awesome to watch with the bridge wings going up and down through a lot of height. Those watch keepers are well tough!

Sybarite

Visit site
Never sick on my boat but close to it when I had to unblock a heads in a F6.

The last time I was seasick was in 1949 during a winter storm in the N.Atlantic. The captain said that it was his worst ever and told my father on arrival in Canada that the ship's back was broken.

Last edited:

Crisby

Visit site
On the delivery trip of our new to us HH27, December 1999, Port Solent to Poole, very embarrassing.

Chris

Adios

Visit site
On the delivery trip of our new to us HH27, December 1999, Port Solent to Poole, very embarrassing.

Chris
If it was embarrassing I guess other people were on board? Having someone else to rely on seems to open the door to seasickness. If single handed you probably wouldn't have been sick. Very strange.