Enforcement against reckless Jet Ski users on the Medway

MikeBz

Visit site
Of course the dinghies own the river…
You are the only contributor to the thread who has suggested or implied that dinghies own the river.
Do you see where I’m going with this ?.....all I say is the waterways are equally everyone’s (including the wildlife)
Equally everyone’s who obeys the rules and regulations and acts with some thought and courtesy to other river users yes. This thread is clearly about those who don’t.

oldgit

Visit site
Last weekend the Wilsonians SC were holding their open day with a chance for little uns over the age of 7 to try their hands at sailing.
The last thing they need is an encounter with a PWC.

The Q

Visit site
Luckily for us on the broads PWCs are banned, with a maximum speed limit of 6 mph, 4mph through villages, moorings and environmentally sensitive areas. They're just not a suitable boat.
The minimum age for solo helming on the broads is age 8.

Next week I start putting out advice for navigating through our regatta (27th July to 2nd August) on various broads forums Facebook etc. the prime ask is keep it slow and motorboats keep right.. With up to 100 yachts and Dinghies 8 ft to 45ft in a mile and a half of river it gets a bit crowded.

Bouba

Visit site
You are the only contributor to the thread who has suggested or implied that dinghies own the river.
Apparently not....
Luckily for us on the broads PWCs are banned, with a maximum speed limit of 6 mph, 4mph through villages, moorings and environmentally sensitive areas. They're just not a suitable boat.

Next week I start putting out advice for navigating through our regatta (27th July to 2nd August) on various broads forums Facebook etc. the prime ask is keep it slow and motorboats keep right.. With up to 100 yachts and Dinghies 8 ft to 45ft in a mile and a half of river it gets a bit crowded.

Leighb

Visit site

The motorboats keep right is all very well, but the sailing yachts may think otherwise. 😀
We were on the Bure a few years ago and met the fleet going the other way through a couple of bends where they had to cut across from one corner to the other to keep the wind. I spent about 10 mins tucked up in the left hand corner as they came by. Excellent practice in holding position using the throttles. As a long time sailor I was well aware what was happening, but holiday hirers might have been very confused.