End of Red

billywilliams

Visit site
I haven't delved deeply into this forum so I don't know whether this has been previously mentioned but I note that everyone is still refering to "Red" diesel and who will and will not qualifyto use it.
I understand from local commercial users and suppliers that "Red" will be discontinued and ALL users will purchase normal "White".
Those users who qualify will then reclaim the appropriate tax much as with VAT at present.

ms1

Visit site
there is masses to read on this subject. Your local users must have an inside track to John Healey's thoughts as one thing which is not under debate is that the government is still trying to work out quite what to do. White, red, blue ... nothing has been decided ... unless I have missed a new report.

BrendanS

Visit site
You are correct. Government haven't decided how to handle it yet, so any suppliers who say they know obviously have inside knowledge the decision makers don't

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
I think the idea is that they reclaim the duty, which means visits from HMRC asking them to justify amount claimed.
So they may help their best buddy to a few gallons but no more as this would be risky!

cliffordpope

Visit site
This sounds madness. Are they seriously swapping a simple system of taxed and untaxed, with a red dye to distinguish (and catch) illegal use, for a mixed system of some red, some white taxed, some white untaxed?
Liveaboards will need two tanks - one of white (taxed), one of white (untaxed). No visible or chemical difference? Guess what is going to happen! Why is everyone complaining - it sounds like a racketeer's charter.

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
I agree this is madness, But comes from a well informed source (I think /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif)We will have to wait & see, But when did any government make sense of such things.
Take the adoption row at the moment, if my kids ended up with no guardians, don't think I would like the possible outcome under the new laws.

comandooo

Visit site
Hi if red is banned how will all the existing users remove the residual dye from their fuel systems?
This is nearly impossible and will make enforcement near impossible.
customs at all marinas and slip ways, random inspections, it is going to cost more to inforce than the revenue raised.
Is diesel for boats cheaper in france?
perhaps a booze cruise is required?

cliff

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Less than 2 days to sign the red desiel petition.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Boat-diesel/

[/ QUOTE ]On;ly 1628 signatures - very poor turn out - I guess it is a lost cause now (as if it was ever anything else!)
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>

G

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Less than 2 days to sign the red desiel petition.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Boat-diesel/

[/ QUOTE ]On;ly 1628 signatures - very poor turn out - I guess it is a lost cause now (as if it was ever anything else!)
--------------------
hammer.thumb.gif
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
sailroom <span style="color:red">The place to auction your previously loved boatie bits</span>

[/ QUOTE ]

The petition is now closed, with 1720 sigs!

Woooooooooooooooo-Hooooooooooooooooo!

I'll bet our Gordon is trembling at the knees! Possibly could just be having a knee trembler to celibrate! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
I received this email from "10 Downing Street" today.

[ QUOTE ]
You recently signed a petition asking the Prime Minister to
"Keep trying to renew/retain derogation on pleasure craft
diesel or mitigate the effects of its loss."

The Prime Minister's Office has responded to that petition and
you can view it here:

http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page11022.asp

Prime Minister's Office

Petition info: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Boat-diesel/

[/ QUOTE ]

So.....???