em-trak 923 vs 924

adwuk

Visit site
Following on from another thread, does anyone know if the em-trak 924 transmits anything other than AIS and GPS over its WiFi? Will it act as a NMEA 0183 gateway for other network data, such as wind, speed, depth etc? If it doesn't, I think I will probably get a 923, save a few £ and use a different WiFi gateway.
Thanks in advance.

Chi34

Visit site
Yes. You just get the GPS and AIS data.
At least that's all I got when I installed it last summer.
I shall be very happy to be proved wrong.

adwuk

Visit site
Yes. You just get the GPS and AIS data.
At least that's all I got when I installed it last summer.
I shall be very happy to be proved wrong.

Thanks. Seems like a missed opportunity for em-trak though, but does help me make my decision.

rowlock

Visit site
Looked at this option earlier this year when adding AIS. Em-track are very helpful. Suggest you contact them with your specific plan. There are data (183 and 2000) in and outports and my understanding is that the wifi option will transmit all data received. We intend to replace the existing router, Team Surv which transmits GPS sourced from a Standard Horizon VHF and wind, depth, speed, temp, VMG etc from TackTick with a 924 or 954. The VHF GPS source will be disconnected in favour of the em-track GPS to avoid a conflict. Everything in one harmonious box.

adwuk

Visit site
So the very helpful people at em-trak say that the 924 does not transmit NMEA 2000 data over WiFi, but it does transmit any data received from the NMEA 0183 devices that are physically connected to it. So it looks like the b923 for me then.