Easter Weekend Sailing Weather Forecast 7/4/23

simonjk

www.SailingWeather.co.uk
Hello,

Here we go with the Easter weekend and sailing is looking pretty good for the weekend. I’ve extended todays forecast to cover Monday as well.

I also receive these forecasts by email, just send a blank email to sailingweather-subscribe@weatherweb.net

Happy Easter!
Simon

WEEKEND WEATHER FORECAST
==========================
Issued: 1100hrs, Friday 7th April 2023

SATURDAY
========
High pressure east of the British Isles in Saturday with low pressure west of Ireland.
The southeast flow brining some cloud to the coasts of northeast England and eastern Scotland at times.
A front west of Ireland very slowly edging east bringing the risk of some rain in the far west of Ireland and.
For all other areas the day will be fair and dry. High cloud in central and western areas but remaining bright with sunny spells and dry too.
Winds SE 12-15kt (F3-F4) for most, 15-18kt (F5) eastern Scotland and S 15-18kt (F5) in Ireland.

1680862656794.png

EASTER SUNDAY
=============
Little change for Sunday with high pressure east and low pressure west.
A subtle change. The wind direction will allow for more cloud through Sunday, although it will be staying dry and bright for most with sunny spells.
Western areas tending to see most of the cloud and there will be some rain moving into Ireland as the front approaches. Becoming windy in Ireland too.
Outbreaks of rain reaching western Wales, western England and western Scotland after dark.
Winds mainly S 14-18kt (F4-F5) but SE 10-12kt (F3) in the far east until late afternoon, S-SW 22-28kt (F6) i the west but up to 30kt (F7) in Ireland.

1680862656832.png

HOLIDAY MONDAY
==============
Fronts passing east overnight bringing squally bursts of rain. These will be followed by blustery conditions and a mix of sunshine and showers.
Some of the showers may be heavy and thundery as well as prolonged, especially over western coast and hills, and expect significant gusts in the showers.
Eastern areas of England, probably escape the worst of the showers. Wetter in Northeast Scotland, where it may rain for most of the day.
Winds becoming W-SW 25-30kt (F6-F7) but with higher gusts, especially in the west.

1680862656863.png
**ends**