Easter 2009 ECF mini "tour"

CPD

Visit site
Easter 2009 ECF mini \"tour\"

I haven't checked dates yet and how it could fit in with Ostende, but who potentially would be up for a Well/Lowestoft/Southwold tour over Easter weekend next year ?.

Sixpence

Visit site
Re: Easter 2009 ECF mini \"tour\"

Could also fit in with the Lowestoft meet ?
I can head South and meet those heading North and we can all meet up in the middle ?
Sounds like a plan that fits in with the general feeling of the ECF, let's see if we can make this a good one

CPD

Visit site

Sorry Dave, thats what I had in mind ...re Lowestoft after reading BM's post...

eastcoastbernie

www.ritzystitches.com

When is Easter? I usually use the long Easter weekend to get all the winter jobs on the boat finished and then get craned back in soon after Easter. So unless Easter is very late next year I shall be doing boat jobs. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site

Possible if I have pulled my finger out over the winter & can launch in March. Getting all the way round to Wells & back might be a bit tight in a long weekend or were you thinking of sailing non stop there?

Tend to do hill walking etc with the Scout group in the winter months. Have already got a week walking camp in Feb and then an endurance walk 4 & 5 April.

MoodySabre

Visit site

Oostende voor Anker 2009 is 29th May to 1st June 2009

Hmmm Easter trip - need to find Eskimo crew, mend Eberspacher, don't put thermals away after skiing.

I always liked Southwold on a hot summer's day /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

bastonjock

Visit site

last Aprill it was very cold and windy at wells,i put my boat in at the start of Aprill,the wind was too strong to attempt the bar.

The good news about the wells bar is that it is being ploughed and it should be acessable at all levels of tide by next year,the rough plan was to make the area opposite the life house a 24/7 acess.

Id be up for the meeting at Lowestoft and sail to wells

mormargh

Visit site

Just a thought from the fair weather sailing dept: Doesn't Easter always coincide with biggish spring tides, it being a moveable feast?

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought from the fair weather sailing dept: Doesn't Easter always coincide with biggish spring tides, it being a moveable feast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup so faster tidal steams to help us along. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HW Walton GMT
Fri 10 1212 4.18
Sat 11 0026 4.22 / 1247 4.17
Sun 12 0101 4.20 / 1321 4.11
Mon 13 0136 4.12 / 1354 3.99

CliveG

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, mid April.

It'll be snowing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Clive about his trip back from Brightlingsea this April. There were pics on here somewhere!

[/ QUOTE ]

IMAGE_001.jpg

Just as a reminder of sailing in April.
Yes that is snow on the side of my son's head.
This was the trip back to the Deben from Flipper's Curry Night.

I think I may spin out Sirenia's refit and river testing.
May bring her round in May.

Habebty

Visit site

yep I'm in, but summer would be nicer!! say August? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sixpence

Visit site

Can go off people you know /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Right, before the end of this season we still have
MOB weekend which I am still hoping to make it to
ECF laying down supper which I am still hoping to make it to
Then we have the winter for everyone to get everything done and ready for the new season
No dates are yet set in stone for this event, so let's not even think about what the weather might be like (this year was freaky anyway) and think positive
Alan is working away at the moment so operating in a different time zone completely, but there's plenty of time to get this organised to coincide with or avoid fixed date events.

Bernie and Clive, fingers out, if you please /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
But lets get as many as possible to the MOB and Laying Down gatherings first, Alan and myself will then have a chance to chat with everyone about this one, and try and work it so we get as many as possible to it.
Can't please everyone, we know, but we had a chat on msn last night and agreed it would be nice to see all the old faces and as many new ones as we can muster

The approach to Lowestoft and the fact that the bridge is only raised at certain times, means that we need to try and get people into the waiting marina (on the right as you clear the entrance) then go through in convoy when the bridge is raised.

Will, let me know if you're likely to be able to make it, it's got nice deep water perfect for Guapa /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif