Dubarry sailing boots

kieron riley

Visit site
has anyone ever had the soles of Dubarry boots stuck back on by a cobbler ,o have you ever stuck them back on yourself ,if so how successful was the repair,thanks.Kieron

Poecheng

Visit site
I was in chandlers (Yarmouth IOW) last week and the chap there said there is now an approved repairer of these, not Dubarry itself but approved/authorised by them
Which is not a precise answer to your question but....

Skellum

Visit site
My wife’s Dubarry boots were repaired by their authorised repairer (in Leeds I think). Seems OK, though they don’t look exactly the same as before.

pete

Visit site
In disgust after contact with Dubbary who thought that after little use over about 2 1/2 years It wasn't unusual for the soles to become dangerously slippy on deck and they couldn't do anything apart from recommend that I sandpaper them. A local shoe shop I took them to glued on new soles for me. I wouldn't entertain buying another pair.

ashtead

Visit site
My heels on the old style debarrys started to disintegrate- I have found a solution but the newer ones of Mrs Ashtead seem not to be afflicted -maybe deck cleaner and dubarry don’t agree is my only thought as to why the heels might have broken down.

nevis768

Visit site
I can recommend a motor sailer to deal with slippy Dubarries. I wear trainers or slippers and am never out the wheelhouse long enough in bad weather to get wet boots or trousers. Apologies to those who love standing in the rain.
On both warm days this year I did stand at the back and use the tiller, but was able to use trainers. Having said all that, it's been the warmest January in June, in Scotland, for along as I can remember.

Rappey

Visit site
The foam midsole disintegrates . There is no way to glue it back as more foam just crumbles.
I visited a local cobbler and the moment i mentioned dubarry he got a little irate with a resounding NO, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
They want around £150 to repair using the same crappy midsole so it's guaranteed to fall off again.
How do i know? Because I've a resoled pair where the soles have fallen off again.

clyst

Visit site
I can recommend a motor sailer to deal with slippy Dubarries. I wear trainers or slippers and am never out the wheelhouse long enough in bad weather to get wet boots or trousers. Apologies to those who love standing in the rain.
On both warm days this year I did stand at the back and use the tiller, but was able to use trainers. Having said all that, it's been the warmest January in June, in Scotland, for along as I can remember.
Agree ! Motor sailing is the way to go . 👍

Sybarite

Visit site
Yep. The two best days in Scotland : Christmas and summer.

PabloPicasso

Visit site
I had Dub's and the sole began to part. Dubarry used to make a top end product that they would repair in the traditional way

Now its moulded soles it is not a pratical repair. There is/was a boot company in the UK that can resole Moulded boots but would not ship to me here in Ireland. Dubarry are an Irish company and they would not do it either.

Instead I bought a pair of Gul Fastnet boots which look the same (same moulded sole) but were way less than half the price. I see them for £179.Dubs are £320😱

DanTribe

Visit site
I bought my wife and daughter Dubarry boots partly because they said they could be repaired. When repair time came they said they couldn't be repaired but offered a small discount on new. No thanks.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.