Drying out

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
OK in the likely event that I am not allowed to dry out at Ramsholt is there anywhere local to the Orwell that it is possible and permitted.

PetiteFleur

Visit site
Ooo interesting where and do you book through the sailing club.

Used to be through the sailing club at £10 - half price for members but the last time I inquired nobody wanted my money. I suggest you speak to Andrew at Felixstowe Ferry Boatyard to OK it with him.

Silent Lady

Visit site
Ramsholt

Think you might find George will not let you use the hard unless you have a mooring there. May be worth a call. If you do use it you need someone on the quay to take your lines. Best time is High Water or you can get caught and finish up hitting the slipway. There is one ring and a small piece of tube for the outer line. Done it a couple of times if you don't get far enough in then you finish up in the mud towards the transom.

Tradewinds

Visit site
Suffolk Yacht Harbour has a concrete base.

Book through the office (chandlery). Water & electric.

Visitors - £24.50 per tide

No current & very sheltered (mostly :rolleyes:)

sailorman

Visit site
Think you might find George will not let you use the hard unless you have a mooring there. May be worth a call. If you do use it you need someone on the quay to take your lines. Best time is High Water or you can get caught and finish up hitting the slipway. There is one ring and a small piece of tube for the outer line. Done it a couple of times if you don't get far enough in then you finish up in the mud towards the transom.

The Slipway IS The Hard ;)
Boats lay on the Quay

Sixpence

Visit site
Ramsholt quay and slipway, plus a rather nice boat :cool:

IMG_5251.jpg

2009 as I recall, after a trip from Wells to The Deben

Bit of a rough trip :eek:

PaulGooch

www.boat-fishing.co.cc
And a lot of mud as well unless things have changed since I was a lad:D

We had a recent leaflet from Gus and Sarah at Pin Mill (we used to have a mooring there) that suggested that the scrubbing post and hard had been tidied up a bit.

We've not personally used a scrubbing post as we have a mobo and it goes really fast and the barnycules can't hold on :D

CPD

Visit site
Pete, I would be seriously interested in coming along and watching this happen (Im assuming you are a fin keel ?) - and would then offer a pair of hands to help scrub your bottom (and we haven't even met !) . Tying up and drying out is one of the things on the list to learn this season. Others may refer to an abandoned attempt at Bradwell 2 years ago. Its all vicious rumour ..... mostly.

Other threads that may be of interest