Drying out

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
:D:D

Its all vicious rumour ..... mostly.

:D:D

Just awaiting the arrival of Mr Moody Sabre who I believe has the story!

But then again I am not the worlds best at scrubbing posts - Feb 05 - Brightlingsea - very weedy depth sounder and attempting to go to posts just after HW.

Withoutlegs5Feb05.jpg

Oops

Last edited:

Jan Harber

Visit site
Here they are again: on the posts at Felixstowe Ferry and not quite on the posts at Waldringfield. Both taken in 2010.

Last edited:

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
At the risk of drifting the thread slightly ...

I'm wondering where around the area (preferably close to the Crouch) is good for a bilge keeler to dry out to do a hull scrub etc.? Obviously don't need posts but still need a firm bottom (who doesn't :D)

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
Pete, I would be seriously interested in coming along and watching this happen (Im assuming you are a fin keel ?) - and would then offer a pair of hands to help scrub your bottom (and we haven't even met !) . Tying up and drying out is one of the things on the list to learn this season. Others may refer to an abandoned attempt at Bradwell 2 years ago. Its all vicious rumour ..... mostly.

Thanks for the offer alan but you won't learn much:D we have a long keel so as long as I can get to the wall or post it's all pretty easy but you are welcome to come along;)

FullCircle

Visit site
At the risk of drifting the thread slightly ...

I'm wondering where around the area (preferably close to the Crouch) is good for a bilge keeler to dry out to do a hull scrub etc.? Obviously don't need posts but still need a firm bottom (who doesn't :D)

I know a perfcect place, but it is small and you need to know.

A small pourboire for my consultancy.:p

Fr J Hackett

Visit site
For God's sake don't ask CPD for advice on that one.... unless you've got slightly longer arms than most folk! :D

Methinks there is more to this than a East Coast newbie is aware of;) Hopefully time will tell and all the sordid and embarrassing details will come out:D

By the way my desire for a quick and easily accessed drying out spot is more for a quick look occaisionally rather than scrubbing off.

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
Are you in Fambridge this weekend?
We are on the boat in Bridgemarsh, I can show you exaclty where it is.

sadly not, Brigantia is still landlocked up in Woodbridge for another month (or longer if we don't get a chance to apply the antifoul this month :()

Was thinking of running down there on saturday but been a bit under the weather all week with yet another heavy cold (the fourth this winter) and doing the VHF on Sunday so I'll probably give it a miss this weekend

I'll take you up on the offer once we're afloat :)

Other threads that may be of interest