Dragonfly 36 debut

Birdseye

Visit site
Our tender goes in the cockpit floor locker. Life raft, on the foredeck. You’d get a rolled up rubber duck into the outrigger on the 40 no prob. Probably do that on a 32 too, the amas are much bigger than ours. We fit our paddleboards in, 10 fenders, warps, a 25 litre plastic jerrycan and the wetsuits and fins, vital boat scrubbing gear, that. I don’t know where the batteries etc are on other boats, but on ours, starting at the bow, under the forward double berth, is the water tank, the batteries, the holding tank and the charge controllers. Tri sailing is just like mono sailing to make it go along, then you just need to remember that the telltales must fly all the time. Downwind too. And that, if you don’t watch yourself, you’ll thunder off onto a reach whilst trying to beat. The apparent wind changes a couple of degrees, you might not notice. The log changes more….
not sailed a Dragonfly though I have sailed a Farrier and owned a cat - a Prout. So I would comment that the big disadvantage any multi has compared to a mono is load carrying ability. Yes you have lots of space, particularly on a cat, but filling it up with all the junk we normally carry on a mono has a dire effect on performance

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
not sailed a Dragonfly though I have sailed a Farrier and owned a cat - a Prout. So I would comment that the big disadvantage any multi has compared to a mono is load carrying ability. Yes you have lots of space, particularly on a cat, but filling it up with all the junk we normally carry on a mono has a dire effect on performance
Yes, we do take care with weight, but in fact have no particular problems. Like I said, we have about a 3 day endurance, about 500 miles of daylight sailing in summer. As it’s a Cat B boat, that seems to be adequate.