Dover VTS

Major_Clanger

Home is Suffolk, boat either Suffolk or Cornwall
Visit site
Got into Dover last night after a wet but fun beat to windward.

No particular point to the post except to say that I'm always impressed by VTS here. VTS are normally great but Dover's seem especially good; always cheerful, calm and accommodating. It must be stressful enough juggling the ferries about without the added bonus of small boats scooting about. Hats off to them.

It did make me chuckle inwardly as I was requested to make "best speed". Little did he know the 1GM10 and its egg whisk propellor were already way past terminal velocity! I would have had more speed and control under sail.

dolabriform

freewheeling.world
Got into Dover last night after a wet but fun beat to windward.

No particular point to the post except to say that I'm always impressed by VTS here. VTS are normally great but Dover's seem especially good; always cheerful, calm and accommodating. It must be stressful enough juggling the ferries about without the added bonus of small boats scooting about. Hats off to them.

It did make me chuckle inwardly as I was requested to make "best speed". Little did he know the 1GM10 and its egg whisk propellor were already way past terminal velocity! I would have had more speed and control under sail.

So sad we're not there right now :( Hopefully, we'll catch up with you on your way back

Major_Clanger

Home is Suffolk, boat either Suffolk or Cornwall
Visit site
If you are going to Calais, a query. Who do you send the PAF Schengen form on the Marina website?
It seems that you don't. You'll need to visit the PAF office at the ferry terminal. There's a free shuttle bus (except Sundays) from the Place d'Armes. No delays any more, just ring the bell and bingo. Not great but better than it was.