Does Captain Tolley's CCCure work?

tim_ber

Visit site
Didn't work on some port holes I had once.

Would be happy to hear that it worked for others.

Perhaps it depends upon the size of crack?

Downsman

Visit site
I've had success with it round a cabin side window, stopped a tiny leak that only appeared when shipping heavy spray or Portugese downpours..:eek:

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
I put a little around the window seals which sometimes weep - first application stopped most of it, but I haven't seen it in the rain since I added a supplementary drip or two. Nevertheless, I suspect it will be sorted. If not I don't mind putting a few more drops in & if it starts leaking again in a few years time, there's plenty left to repeat the process,

I doubt it would work with 1mm wide cracks, but seems fine with the ones almost too small to see & certainly too small to be worth ripping out all the windows & resealing them anew.

Edit:
I have a Solo dinghy with a split on the chine - I wouldn't even try it on something like that. Far too much strain & movement in a largeish crack for it to hold.

Last edited:

Chrissie

Visit site
It certainly does, might need a couple of applications on bigger leaks, but my windows have been dry for four years now. I use it on screws and bolts through the deck, drip it on the top, if it seePs in then there was a leak, if it doesn't seep in I wiPe it off before the sun reacts with it and leaves grey stains on the paint or gel coat

VO5

Visit site
It works. However, you must make sure the crack you pour CT into is bone dry. The slightest moisture - and it won't work.
The best idea is to put in several drops at wider intervals of time. Then it accumulates, solidifies and makes a good seal. Very good for weeping seals on windows and hatches.

Boo2

Visit site
Can anyone tell me whether there are any issues with this product akin to the issue with silicone sealant where it prevents later use of more normal sealants like eg Sika ?

I have a leaking window and would like to use this as a temporary repair until I replace them this winter, I just want to be sure I'm not storing up trouble for later ?

Thanks,

Boo2

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
I find it works very well, but you need to use a lot more than you think you did. I apply enough to leave a meniscus over the area, let that soak in and repeat the process several times until no more will go in. It's fairly permanent but can fail if stressed. This is currently an issue with an area on my cabin roof, and I have as yet not managed to prevent anyone ever standing on it!

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
I find it works very well, but you need to use a lot more than you think you did. I apply enough to leave a meniscus over the area, let that soak in and repeat the process several times until no more will go in. It's fairly permanent but can fail if stressed. This is currently an issue with an area on my cabin roof, and I have as yet not managed to prevent anyone ever standing on it!

Store something there that looks fragile . . .

Avocet

Visit site
Worked for me too, but as has been said, only for very fine cracks and even then, you might need multiple applications until no more goes in.

Halo

Visit site
I used it on a "star crack" after dropping something on the deck. not sure if it worked in stopping mositure "wicking" into fibreglass but it did not seem to improve the costmetic appearance. Any further feedback on the effectiveness on hailine cracks would be appreciated