Does anyone reside in Roughs Tower anymore?

Seashoreman

www.pianotuning.uk.com
I wondered the same after recently seeing the film that was made about it/them on ( I think) Talking Pictures TV.
The couple who ran the place seemed very 'middle-aged' then, so I guess they are getting on a bit and probably not as agile
for the effort it must take to go for a trip to the shops?

turnstone

Visit site
Apparently there is a watchman on there I saw some live film footage during the last gale we had whatever it was called taken on the watchmans phone there's also a very interesting Facebook group about the history of the sea forts.

xyachtdave

Visit site
The Principality of Sealand facebook group is hysterical, loads of foreign dudes buying titles, people moaning the DVLA or their bank won't accept their title and change their name to Count/Baron/Duke/Dame etc. This is standard fare -

'Well, it's official. Thank you to our Prince Regent Michael, the Royal family and also the Governance at Sealand for the acceptance to the nobility title of Duke of Sealand. I will endeavour to uphold our constitution pledging freedom and justice to all under the Sealand flag. "E Mare Libertas"

I get the feeling Prince Michael is quite happy to hand out titles to anyone that will pay, rather than a strict vetting process involving their Royal family and the Governance of Sealand...!

Juan Twothree

Visit site
I once went to a talk on the forts by a local historian.

Things might have changed since then, but he told us that Sealand was doing very nicely selling their own driving licences to people overseas.

Some countries, notably Russia, recognised the licences as bona fide, so Russians citizens could swap them for Russian licences without having to go through the hassle of actually taking a driving test.

Major_Clanger

Home is Suffolk, boat either Suffolk or Cornwall
Visit site
Been passed a few times this year and never any sign of life. Lights on but nobody home by the look of it. The davit falls are up but there's no boat on the platform so assume even the caretaker has gone. Quite sad really. I thought the family always kept a presence so the government couldn't take back possession, or render the place uninhabitable.