Docking difficulties

MapisM

Visit site
Waddumean by "not downloading"?
By clicking your link, the video is visible on youtube streaming.
If you wanted to embed it in your post, you should have typed "(youtube)1A-4oaumYC0(/youtube)", but using square rather than round brackets.
The result would have been as follows:

That aside, funny video indeed.
But how any marketing folk might think to suggest that by buying their stuff you would make yourself ridiculous as a result, that's beyond belief... :ambivalence:

Stavvy

Visit site
That aside, funny video indeed.
But how any marketing folk might think to suggest that by buying their stuff you would make yourself ridiculous as a result, that's beyond me....

They do say theire is no such thing as bad publicity!

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Can we do a bit of spot-the-boat on the closing image from the video?

Capture_zpsw3gnrgwb.jpg

The starring boat looks like a Sunseeker Predator 108; to the right of that is a Princess V65 mk1; to the right of that is (I think) a Fairline Targa 43 (with unusual colours); what are the others?

prv

Visit site
But how any marketing folk might think to suggest that by buying their stuff you would make yourself ridiculous as a result, that's beyond belief... :ambivalence:

That might just be one of those UK / IT cultural things... ;)

I think the target audience are meant to recognise themselves having such a barney whatever happens, just that it's rather nicer to be doing it in an £x-million boat in the Med than a shagged-out beige Mondeo in a rainy Tesco's car-park :p

Pete

jfm

Visit site
I agree the boats you've named Jimmy. I think to the left of the hapless sunseeker you have an old princess 23m then a Fairline phantom (perhaps a 46 but not sure). Still further to the left and round the corner (in 0:21) is a princess 67 I think. The big boat far right that looks like a ferretti custom 112 line in your screengrab isn't. It has been dropped in by photoshop -you can see it has a missing flybridge and radar. (Also it isn't actually a ferretti 112 anyway). If you look at 0.16 there is a predator 84 (I think) and an Italian stallion behind it (new Mangusta? - not sure) in that location. They must have had to take those out (for privacy reasons?) by dropping in the amputated f112 lookalake for the final few seconds. That was a tripod scene so it was easy to drop another boat in.

Does anyone know which port that is? Looks nice. I guess it is in spain because the princess 23m has a Spanish courtesy flag, but I don't know where exactly. Not balearics, I think

Last edited:

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Does anyone know which port that is? Looks nice. I guess it is in spain because the princess 23m has a Spanish courtesy flag, but I don't know where exactly. Not balearics, I think

Could it be the entrance to Mahon (sea to the right)? On the left of the pic it looks like some boats moored on a mid-river pontoon, as they do in Mahon. Just a guess.

jfm

Visit site
I think definitely not Mahon - I know that one very well. Come to think of it, it is imho Soller, N Mallorca. General geography of the place looks right, though I don't know Soller very well (have anchored in the bay but never gone into the port).

MapisM

Visit site
That might just be one of those UK / IT cultural things... ;)

I think the target audience are meant to recognise themselves having such a barney whatever happens, just that it's rather nicer to be doing it in an £x-million boat in the Med than a shagged-out beige Mondeo in a rainy Tesco's car-park :p

Pete
Well, who am I to argue...? :D

pan

Visit site
I think definitely not Mahon - I know that one very well. Come to think of it, it is imho Soller, N Mallorca. General geography of the place looks right, though I don't know Soller very well (have anchored in the bay but never gone into the port).

Definately not Soller...