Do sailing almanacs get cheaper later in the year?

Alfie168

Visit site
Tell him to wait until June to find out, or buy one now and then another in June and compare the price difference.

Tim

Dipper

Visit site
I bought the PBO Almanac on line two years ago only to discover it was for the previous year. My own fault as I had failed to notice the date on the front in the photo. I sent it back and bought the current one - it was cheaper. Didn't make sense.

JNKScot

Visit site
Justsayin, a little reminder for you that the Lounge is sort of non-boaty. Maybe put these posts on PBO or other forums?

As you'll see at the top of the page, "Place your non-boaty views, observations, ramblings, respectful rants and jokes here (registered users only)"

Read more at http://www.ybw.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?51-The-Lounge#DobhX4mshiB08ftQ.99

My theory is that all these are part of an anti D-S campaign and have the advantage of being marginally interesting to some.

viago

Visit site
it makes perfect sense, the vintage version always costs more than the new version.

it's how things work in france. never been that keen on the pyrenean tipple myself. prefer a remy, never needs an update.

davesailor.blogspot.co.uk
I swear by Dr. Deah's C ALMANAC

calmanac-dr-deah-682x1024.jpg

Sailfree

Visit site
Admittedly, it would be nice to have the correct tide times in there, but the tidal atlases don't change. It's not too much hassle to look up hw Dover/ Portsmouth on t'internet before I set off and work back from there.

OK my post was tongue in cheek.

Currently in France so will look at the current edition of BLOC which I understand has gone back to the multi lingual format. Bloc charlets and charts can be used for navigation! Friend used to use the pages on his yeoman plotter!