dinghy size

gary3029

Visit site
Hi
Any one know what the smallest inflatable dinghy with a hard transom (for the wheels) is. Needs to carry 1 person, but be small to handle and put in van.
Thanks

Fire99

Visit site
I'm not sure if it's the smallest but i've an XM200 2 metre one at home with slatted floor and solid transom. Folds up so you can carry it with one hand.

To be honest It's as small as id want for me. (I normally use a round tail avon 2.6 on my own)

landlockedpirate

Visit site
As mentioned above Compass24 do a 1.8m hardtail. It has slightly bigger tubes than the Bombard and it feels safe even when loaded. Packs very small, but due to the transom it still weighs 21kg.

CIMG0170.jpg

VARNE

Visit site
Lodestar NSA 195 UL.

ie.Ultralight 195 x 145cms.
Inflatable floor & keel. Hard transom. 17kgs. Large tubes and excellent quality/build.

But.......website shows price now £765.

yoda

Visit site
AX 2 will do the job and comes with built in pumps so no need to carry a pump around to top up the tubes. Good for 1, 2 is OK, 3 is a wet b&m.

Yoda

MacMan

sailtoanywhere.blogspot.com
Lodestar NSA 195 UL.

ie.Ultralight 195 x 145cms.
Inflatable floor & keel. Hard transom. 17kgs. Large tubes and excellent quality/build.

But.......website shows price now £765.

Second recommendation for the Loadstar - mega tubes and great dinghy - seems a shame they have realised that and put the price up ;-(

arawa

Visit site
Second recommendation for the Loadstar - mega tubes and great dinghy - seems a shame they have realised that and put the price up ;-(

Third recommendation. This was the smallest sensible dinghy I could find and I am very pleased with it. No sign of wear in its now 3rd season, and stable and dry even in quite large waves.

Fire99

Visit site
Third recommendation. This was the smallest sensible dinghy I could find and I am very pleased with it. No sign of wear in its now 3rd season, and stable and dry even in quite large waves.

Am I the only one that thinks getting on towards £800 quid for a sub 2m inflatable sounds bananas money??

arawa

Visit site
Am I the only one that thinks getting on towards £800 quid for a sub 2m inflatable sounds bananas money??

I got mine at SIBS for £500, which I was content to pay after looking closely at the alternatives. Size was crucial as I needed something small enough to fit in the only locker I had available.

Fire99

Visit site
I got mine at SIBS for £500, which I was content to pay after looking closely at the alternatives. Size was crucial as I needed something small enough to fit in the only locker I had available.

£500 sounds a bit less painful. How do they fair in the water?
I've two inflatables. An Avon Redstart which is utterly brilliant other than you can't motor too fast without the motor wanting to tuck under the boat.. (roundtail joy). But at about £1100 quid new these days you'd hope it would be pretty good...

I've an XM200 2 metre one too with a solid transom and to be honest I feel like i'm in a hollowed out walnut. It's diddy and where my boat is moored is a quite exposed swing mooring and lets say the term 'sea-sky-sea-sky' couldn't be more apt in that little thing.

arawa

Visit site
£500 sounds a bit less painful. How do they fair in the water?
I've two inflatables. An Avon Redstart which is utterly brilliant other than you can't motor too fast without the motor wanting to tuck under the boat.. (roundtail joy). But at about £1100 quid new these days you'd hope it would be pretty good...

I've an XM200 2 metre one too with a solid transom and to be honest I feel like i'm in a hollowed out walnut. It's diddy and where my boat is moored is a quite exposed swing mooring and lets say the term 'sea-sky-sea-sky' couldn't be more apt in that little thing.

With one aboard and a Yam 2hp engine I have never been nervous even in some quite bouncy seas. The inflatable keel and floor keep everything rigid, and the large tubes keep the water out. With 2 large adults there is not a lot of room but the dinghy is still stable and dry.

For very rough seas I much prefer my 2.8m tender, but I cannot lift that aboard my boat!

Fire99

Visit site
With one aboard and a Yam 2hp engine I have never been nervous even in some quite bouncy seas. The inflatable keel and floor keep everything rigid, and the large tubes keep the water out. With 2 large adults there is not a lot of room but the dinghy is still stable and dry.

For very rough seas I much prefer my 2.8m tender, but I cannot lift that aboard my boat!

That's good to know. My Avon is a bit of a lump to find decent space for on my '23 and normally ends up being towed behind which isn't ideal.