Diesel fuel tank clean

geem

Visit site
It's been about 12 months since I last cleaned the sludge out of the bottom of the diesel tank. My little fuel filtering system does a great job. I buy cheapo filters off Ebay and discard them at the end of the job. A one metre length of copper 8mm pipe goes down into the tank and can be bent to get to the corners if necessary. The copper pipe connects to some clear fuel hose then the filter and Ebay fuel pump and back to the tank.
Not much sludge this time but satisfying to remove it and know it won't block the main filters.received_1138769344203154.jpegreceived_234360606391804.jpeg

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Looks good and I do like the wood block floor as I have just picked some reclaimed to fix a floor in one of my boats

This is the fuel polisher I made to clean my tanks

fuel polisher.jpg

The pump is a mains vane pump 30 lit / min and the filters are 1 " BSP and when operation the return flow really stir up the diesel and any crud in the tank

Motor

hpumpd050.jpg

geem

Visit site
Looks good and I do like the wood block floor as I have just picked some reclaimed to fix a floor in one of my boats

View attachment 171433

The pump is a mains vane pump 30 lit / min and the filters are 1 " BSP and when operation the return flow really stir up the diesel and any crud in the tank

Motor

hpumpd050.jpg
I did the floor in teak blocks during covid. I bought a car full that somebody had striped out of their house. £70 for the lot. Was a massive job, but I now have 7mm thick teak on top of the old worn out 1" floorboards. It should out last me. If you do it, clearcoat epoxy them before you varnish. I didn't do it initially, then had to go back and do it

geem

Visit site

View attachment 171433

Motor

hpumpd050.jpg
Yep, that's a proper polisher.
Mine is a different concept. I vacuum the settled crud from thr bottom of the tank. Surprisingly effective on our 500 litre tank