Did a good job with baby oil and condom today.

chrisedwards

Visit site
Couldn't stop oil from weeping out of nearly inaccessible transducer tube. Filled condom with baby oil, inserted transducer and placed in tube. Works well!
Good opening line in club as well.

dmmbruce

Visit site
Yes, condoms are good for a variety of Marine uses on a boat. (As well!). They keep water out or off fixings and cables also keep greease , or oil out , or diesel out of various places. You have to remember to buy non-latex ones to avoid oil or diesel rotting them.

And yes, it is a good converstion piece, or conversation stopper too.

Mike :D

Seajet

Visit site
Well, that's the condom and baby oil covered, now we just need a plausible marine use for the whipped cream, leather gear and pink plastic handcuffs...

Last edited:

fitlike

Visit site
don't know what brand you used, but I do know that baby oil and condoms don't react well, tends to weaken the condom, leading to holes in the condom. So I don't know if your solution will last. If you want to know how I found out about this problem, well one result is playing with his xbox.
:D

Seajet

Visit site
There is the old myth that the Marines put these over their rifle barrels for wading ashore; I always suspected some quick-thinking Commando came up with that when his wife discovered his 'special operations equipment'...

Shouldn't this be on The Lounge ?

DownWest

Visit site
SJ
I don't think that was a myth for the grunts in Vietnam.

Michael, I wonder what vegans use to avoid chafe?

Last edited:

st599

Visit site
They're used at outdoor events like Glastonbury to waterproof microphones. They usually find the prettiest blonde runner and send her for 500 condoms.

Porthandbuoy

www.backbearing.com
Used to use them for calibrating gas detectors. Inflate with correct flammable concentration, 5% or 10% LEL, and fit over the sensor. Run back to the control room and check the reading. Worked a treat.
It all went well until I tried to claim them back on expenses as the form had to go to head office. :eek: