Deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashy

Visit site
I paid £500 deposit for a boat a few weeks back via bank transfer, he has since started to be avoiding me , I’ve realised he has sold my boat to someone else, he has now blocked me ,

So do I have any claim to the boat , can I get on it and claim possession is 9/10ths of the law ?

What should I do ?

Tranona

Visit site
Depends on the contract you have. However if you have paid the money to a private individual on the basis of a verbal agreement then you may well have difficulty in getting your money back. On the face of it you have no claim against the boat. Do not attempt to take possession of the boat. Your claim is against the individual as from what you say he has failed to fulfil his part of the contract which was (in the absence of any other information) to sell you a boat.

Seastoke

Visit site
Did he give you a receipt . Did you see and touch the boat. How far away from you is he , first thought is sm—sh his —— I- , I would not do that or condone it .

jfm

Visit site
Depends on the contract you have. However if you have paid the money to a private individual on the basis of a verbal agreement then you may well have difficulty in getting your money back. On the face of it you have no claim against the boat. Do not attempt to take possession of the boat. Your claim is against the individual as from what you say he has failed to fulfil his part of the contract which was (in the absence of any other information) to sell you a boat.
Agreeing with this post. @OP, your claim is for your £500 (or more) back. You don't have a claim on the boat - it is not yours.

wonkywinch

Visit site
I paid £500 deposit for a boat a few weeks back via bank transfer, he has since started to be avoiding me , I’ve realised he has sold my boat to someone else, he has now blocked me ,

So do I have any claim to the boat , can I get on it and claim possession is 9/10ths of the law ?

What should I do ?
We're did you see the boat advertised? How was contact made? Have you tried prefacing the number with 141 to hide your number?

Mashy

Visit site
Did he give you a receipt . Did you see and touch the boat. How far away from you is he , first thought is sm—sh his —— I- , I would not do that or condone it .
I couldn’t get over , his words were it’s mine after I sent the deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.