deposit paid

gonfishing

Visit site
well it's happened, had offer accepted, paid deposit, boat going to survey thurs probably, then trial, then home with my mkIII fairline holiday, i guess this is where the fun really begins??.Thanks to all for support and advice, Petem can i register or your website now???
julian

<hr width=100% size=1>

tr7v8

Visit site
Congrats, welcome to the dark & spending side!
Do you have marina berth etc. lined up?

Which engine(s) has it got, I'd assume Volvo petrol as most were.

<hr width=100% size=1>Jim

Draco 2500

gonfishing

Visit site
all things equal Swansea marina, they had berths available on thursday when i rang! yep dead right petrol volvo penta AQ 175 has been idle for a whle, has been properly laid up, but will be a lot happier on survey and trial though.

<hr width=100% size=1>

tr7v8

Visit site
175 is early V6 raw water cooled and cam chain! Just down to keeping raw water pump OK! That makes maintenance easier and cheaper. Only other prob as with most marine lumps is knacked exhaust manifolds

<hr width=100% size=1>Jim

Draco 2500

gonfishing

Visit site
new top end by all accounts, has only been in fresh water, luckily manifolds look great, that will all change i guess as soon as it gets it's first taste of salt water!!!
here's hoping!
julian

<hr width=100% size=1>

DepSol

Visit site
Are you sure its a AQ175 not an AQ171 (flat four)?

<hr width=100% size=1>Dom

2003 is going to be a good year for me

gonfishing

Visit site
the broker seemed to think the same, unless i was hallucinating with excitement
there was definately 6 spark plugs and H.T. leads

<hr width=100% size=1>oooh, i'll be fishing soon.

oldgit

Visit site
Had boat with 175 in.As Mr V8 ses keep eye on exhaust risers.Bit of piggy to get off but easy enough to gouge out gunge/rust/scale from water channels to give extra bit of use.Never had any probs with my engine just kept ahead in the maintaince dept and give frequent nice big squirt of WD40.

<hr width=100% size=1>Oooh look its still not dark and its nearly 5pm

gonfishing

Visit site
the engine has had a recent full top end job so any gunge will have been cleaned out?? i hope. it is an AQ175 and not the flat 4 as there is definately 6 H.T leads, i have a question for you all ,the boat has fixed/static trim tabs will it be O.K to use in fair sea conditions until such times that i can source mechanicel ones, or should i not worry and leave them as they are
julian

<hr width=100% size=1>oooh, i'll be fishing soon.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
I dont think trim tabs are your first concern. At worst you can move a bit of weight about. Swansea is not the most hospitable place for any boat. So I'd concentrate on a back up outboardand other measures for when the shit hits the fan. VHF, GPS, Charts, Pilot. Just so your fairly sure of getting back when met with. Engine down, Thick fog/Heavy rain. Or other eventualities.

<hr width=100% size=1>
ship_in_a_bottle_e0.gif
Haydn

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Cor sane serious advice from Haydn?/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

oldgit

Visit site
that full "top end" over haul may only have included valve clearances new plugs/points leads etc.Prob worth further investigation.
Just need to ask if risers were done.You may be able to tell by looking to see if any signs of new gaskets or maybe fresh gasket goo./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>Oooh look its still not dark and its nearly 5pm

lanason

Visit site
congrats - Welcome to the most exclusive and prestigious of all clubs.

Mines got the straight 6 - AQ170c - Let me know if you need any help !!

<hr width=100% size=1>Adrian
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/kelisha>More Pics of Kelisha</A> /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

Congratulations on your planned/acquisition. A Mark II-going on Mark III Fairline Holiday was our first boat. The Holiday is a tremendous boat and we had loads of fun in her and learnt a great deal. Ours had the big 200 hp V8 Chevvy block but it's interesting that the power:weight ratios of most of the engine options is about the same. Sounds like your manifolds are okay but keep and eye on them. We never had a cooling problem with the V8. Biggest problem was keeping the HT electrics up to scratch. Second was finding enough petrol to keep her filled up! Being novices at that time the prop came in for some rough treatment (a modest size boat just encourages you to explore the unexplored doesn't it?). We ended up replacing the prop every year but it was worth it. We did a reasonable amount of coastal cruising with her and when she was sold, she went to the Channel Islands, as far as I know on her own bottom!

I wish you well with the boat.

Nigel

<hr width=100% size=1>Medway Motor Yacht Club
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.mmyc.co.uk>http://www.mmyc.co.uk</A>