Dengue Fever Epidemic - S.E. Asia

Bob

www.cruiserlog.com
This very important cautionary notice is directed to Cruisers in Indonesia; Malaysia; Thailand; Philippines; Burma and Northern Territory-Australia. (incl. the Cruising Rally leaving Darwin shortly for Langkawi - Malaysia via Indonesia and Singapore).

DENGUE FEVER EPIDEMIC
" The Health Authorities of South East Asian Countries are reporting serious outbreaks of Dengue Fever in epidemic proportions ".

Full Details & important information.

Please propogate.

Rum_Pirate

Visit site
I have had dengue. Absolutely terrible fever. Joints ached as did eyes. Did not feel like reading watching TV or listening to radio, etc.
Lost appetite, forced down liquids, mainly water.
Lived on paracetamol for two weeks. Looked forward to the next dose like a drug addict.
Lost about 10 pounds.
Not a nice illness. would not wish it on anyone (well maybe one or two /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)
You can also get the haemoragic(sp) type which can also kill you. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

burgundyben

Visit site
I came back from Malaysia a fortnight ago with a case of Campylobacter, food poisoning, I'm still struggling to fight it off and so far have lost 16lbs.

Been to the doc twice, collapsed once in the waiting room and going back this week as I still have some of the less pleaseant symptoms.

Bloody asia....grumble grumble...

30boat

N/A
Visit site
Nearly died of food poisoning,once in Thailand and once in Macau.Actually I remember wanting to die and end it all then and there.Quite common these things in Asia.

Visit site
My 'dearly departed' (ex that is, not deceased) had both dengue fever and heamoragic fever, maybe that explains a few things about her 'odd' behaviour ! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Mal