Deleting attachments,

Binman

Visit site
The Three photos on a item that I had for sale, would like to post some pictures on another thread, but these exsisting photos, seem to be blocking. Is it the size that is the problem, I edit straight from my iPad library, I don't think I can reduce the size on my iPad, if that is the case I will use my computer in future.

Stork_III

Visit site
You can delete old attachments. Go to Settings (top right),then Attachments (bottom left). Tick attachments to be deleted on rhs, then click on button on bottom right (delete selected).

Don't know if this will solve your problem though.

William_H

Visit site
I have used the posting attachments (photos) facility on this site. Yes you have to scale down the picture size to fit in with the requirements 19.5 kbs for the photo. I have about 15 photos max capacity seems to be be 976kbs total for libbrary. I can live with the limitations but can't figure out how to delete photos from the library (YBW) so I can replace with new photos. Some have advocated using other picture library sites which may eb your best bet. But yes do try from your computer with scaling of photos oprions. good luck olewill

Stork_III

Visit site
I have used the posting attachments (photos) facility on this site. Yes you have to scale down the picture size to fit in with the requirements 19.5 kbs for the photo. I have about 15 photos max capacity seems to be be 976kbs total for libbrary. I can live with the limitations but can't figure out how to delete photos from the library (YBW) so I can replace with new photos. Some have advocated using other picture library sites which may eb your best bet. But yes do try from your computer with scaling of photos oprions. good luck olewill

Read post 2, explains how to do it.

Strolls

Visit site
And in future, I suggest PhotoBucket.
Noooo! Imgur!

If you post the link direct to the imgur image, viewers can right-click the image and choose "open in a new window" and see it at its original resolution. Photobucket hijacks this, shows you a smaller size and covers the page with ads.

www.bavariayacht.info
Noooo! Imgur!

If you post the link direct to the imgur image, viewers can right-click the image and choose "open in a new window" and see it at its original resolution. Photobucket hijacks this, shows you a smaller size and covers the page with ads.

PhotoBucket does no such thing if you use it properly, but I'll take a look at Imgur, thanks.

VicS

Visit site
Noooo! Imgur!

You need to visit your Photobucket settings, go to the Albums tab, scrolll down and uncheck the "link back to albums" option.

Then if you paste in the IMG code for a picture it will appear in your post clean and at the size you selected when you up-loaded it.

like this:

DSCF0723.jpg

VicS

Visit site
PhotoBucket does no such thing if you use it properly, but I'll take a look at Imgur, thanks.

Please let us know if you figur Imgur

does it do all the things that P'bucket will do

Can you arrange pictures into albums, can you make them public or private or accessible via passwords giving control over who can view what

Can you edit pictures

Get different codes for different purposes

does it have any additional features that would make changing to it worth while

Trying something... If you right click on this image, and select open in a new tab then click on it in the new tab do you get the full sized image as recorded by the camera? (10M pixels in this case)

DSCF0723.jpg~original

Last edited:

Strolls

Visit site
If you right click on this image, and select open in a new tab then click on it in the new tab do you get the full sized image as recorded by the camera? (10M pixels in this case)
If I do that, I don't get the full-sized image - Photobucket highjacks me off to an HTML webpage.

Perhaps it doesn't hijack you off, because you have an account, but it certainly doesn't show me just the image and nothing else.

Imgur does handle albums, but we don't need albums if you want to show us images in a forum post. You just post:

HTML:
[img]http://site.com/file.jpg[/img]

[img]http://site.com/file2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://site.com/file3.jpg[/img]

Nor do you need to open an account to use Imgur.

I can't demand anyone uses any particular image host. But when you post your images on Photobucket makes it harder to view them at full res.

VicS

Visit site
If I do that, I don't get the full-sized image - Photobucket highjacks me off to an HTML webpage.

Perhaps it doesn't hijack you off, because you have an account, but it certainly doesn't show me just the image and nothing else.

Imgur does handle albums, but we don't need albums if you want to show us images in a forum post. You just post:

HTML:
[img]http://site.com/file.jpg[/img]

[img]http://site.com/file2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://site.com/file3.jpg[/img]

Nor do you need to open an account to use Imgur.

I can't demand anyone uses any particular image host. But when you post your images on Photobucket makes it harder to view them at full res.

I was not sure if it would work or not..... I logged out of P bucket and it still works but could be a cached image I suppose. **

I use P bucket albums for all my uploaded pictures.
I start a new album every year for forum pictures

I have separate albums for specific topics/ groups of pictures

I have pictures ( eg my daughters wedding) in password protected albums. Anyone I give the relevant password to can view the entire album otherwise just the ones I publish links too.

I have pictures in public albums that anyone can view, but most are in private albums and can only be viewed individually when I post links to them.

I have over 1000 pictures across 24 albumsa t present. The album structure makes it easier to find previously uploaded images

** EDIT also shut down and rebooted and it still works. but if it does not work for everyone its a negative result.

Last edited:

Strolls

Visit site
You appear to be using PhotoBucket improperly yourself then.

I refer to your threads ( "Alternator Adjuster" and "PIR Activated Light", for example) - if I right click on the images there, it does exactly as I describe.

Last edited:

VicS

Visit site
You appear to be using PhotoBucket improperly yourself then.

I refer to your threads ( "Alternator Adjuster" and "PIR Activated Light", for example) - if I right click on the images there, it does exactly as I describe.

Not when I do it.!

www.bavariayacht.info
A good. An in-depth evaluation.
Indeed :)

Imgur seems focussed on showing me what is "trending", rather than just hosting my images. I played for about 30 minutes, with and without the app. Got nowhere.

Some confusion may arise over my Photobucket images. They are already cropped (normally to 800 pixels wide, sometimes 600) so trying to get a higher resolution image by "right clicking" (which depends on the web browser anyway) is never going to work.