Ct1 multi solve removes sikaflex

john m

Visit site
I've been using this to remove cured sikaflex by pressure washing most of and multi solve with scotch pad to remove the residue seems pretty good and believe me I've got a lot to remove

Neeves

Visit site
John,

Take a piece of acrylic, any scrap will do, but about 10mm thick and maybe 30-50mm wide seems to work. Sharpen the end, grind it, till it looks like a chisel edge. Use this as a scraper, more like chisel,, for the Sika. It does not scratch the gelcoat, which is why you use acrylic. It loses its edge quite quickly, so you need a few or be able to sharpen up. The more comfortable you can make it, it needs to fit your hand, the easier it is to use.

It makes it marginally easier.

Jonathan

Tradewinds

www.laurelberrystudio.com
Related to CT1 sealant.

If you're making a bead and want to neaten it up as you do with silicone sealant by using a wet fingertip - don't. CT1 likes moisture & the finger won't slide along and you'll end up with a mess. Spray CT1 Multi Solve on to your fingertip instead.

Works a treat.

This was recommended to me by the nice people at CT1 who are very helpful.

Spyro

Visit site
John,

Take a piece of acrylic, any scrap will do, but about 10mm thick and maybe 30-50mm wide seems to work. Sharpen the end, grind it, till it looks like a chisel edge. Use this as a scraper, more like chisel,, for the Sika. It does not scratch the gelcoat, which is why you use acrylic. It loses its edge quite quickly, so you need a few or be able to sharpen up. The more comfortable you can make it, it needs to fit your hand, the easier it is to use.

It makes it marginally easier.

Jonathan

Sounds like a great idea but John's is on textured non slip deck.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Related to CT1 sealant.

If you're making a bead and want to neaten it up as you do with silicone sealant by using a wet fingertip - don't. CT1 likes moisture & the finger won't slide along and you'll end up with a mess. Spray CT1 Multi Solve on to your fingertip instead.

Works a treat.

This was recommended to me by the nice people at CT1 who are very helpful.

Do not use your finger.if i had done that in my career i would have no finger left. Get a putty knife & grind the point to the required radius. Pass along the mastic with the flat side of the blade tight on one surface & the nose of the blade pushed to the other surface. This gathers up the excess if you do it at the correct angle ( difficult to describe but practice soon gets it) then wipe the blade & repeat with the flat part of the blade on the other surface to collect the remaining excess.
On the second pass if a bit did not come out fully filled you can ( by angling the blade) direct it into the fillet
You will find that you can get a very neat small bead this way. Some less experienced tend to either apply too much material or apply it in blobs. The trick to neat joints is to avoid this

Tradewinds

www.laurelberrystudio.com
Do not use your finger.if i had done that in my career i would have no finger left. Get a putty knife & grind the point to the required radius. Pass along the mastic with the flat side of the blade tight on one surface & the nose of the blade pushed to the other surface. This gathers up the excess if you do it at the correct angle ( difficult to describe but practice soon gets it) then wipe the blade & repeat with the flat part of the blade on the other surface to collect the remaining excess.
On the second pass if a bit did not come out fully filled you can ( by angling the blade) direct it into the fillet
You will find that you can get a very neat small bead this way. Some less experienced tend to either apply too much material or apply it in blobs. The trick to neat joints is to avoid this
Have you tried doing this with CT1?

celandine

Visit site
This may be shutting the stable door after ... etc, but I am often surprised how few people seem to know that just plain meths is a good solvent for cleaning up Sikaflex, (one of the messiest substances known to man) but, of course, only before it sets.

rivonia

Visit site
well now this using a wet finger malarky- it works for me. I have been using a lot of CT 1 recently. Must admit it did get very (sloppy) easier to smooth once it was wet.

The last job I did, I used the stick from a ice cream (magnum) and it worked a treat.

Neeves

Visit site
We do not have CT1, but appear to have something of a similar formulation. Try a wet finger, wetted in soapy water (when you finish off). Check with the CT1 people but our, similar product, instructions are do not clean down prior with Turps, I'm not sure about meths, do not clean down after with turps. Use soapy water to clean.

Jonathan