crew wanted

joy

Visit site
I'm looking for an amazing Goddess to sail around the world with me (35) and my 40ft yacht.

<hr width=100% size=1>

ubuysa

Visit site
Well, the only Goddesses I know of are reputed to live atop Mount Olympus, perhaps you could enquire there? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Tony C.

<hr width=100% size=1>There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.

ongolo

Visit site
Hi Joy,

You got to tell me more about you before I give you my daughters phone number.

If you are 35, built like a god, have some money to go sailing for a number of years and a boat to do it in, where is the snag?

Let us know.

ongolo

<hr width=100% size=1>So what......... it floats

ongolo

Visit site
I hope you are not as short lived and disappear without any evidence that you have ever been.

regards ongolo

<hr width=100% size=1>So what......... it floats

joy

Visit site
Were you trying to be funny? Well, don't! My message is sencere. Never did understand this weird sense of humor..

<hr width=100% size=1>

Olly

Visit site
Hi

It's all very well but how does a girl get to meet a sailor in the first place?

I am new to sailing and after my first 'sail' earlier this year I have done a few short trips and recently spent 10 days cruising the Western Isles. I am now hooked and want to learn to sail so am looking for cruiser crewing opportunities in my area to build up my experience. I would love to meet a single, professional, non smoking cruiser skipper (38 -48) who would appreciate some company?
I learn quickly, am reasonably fit, 5’6" and blonde, but no bimbo, can knock up a great bacon sandwich, scrub up well and am not afraid ‘breaking a nail’. (Not sure where this would put me on the goddess scale?)

As for round the world, that would have to wait until I can actually crew effectively.........
Any suggestions?
Olly

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: Goddess rating

Well, you sound very wonderful, although we need more information before you can really apply for jobs which require an actual Goddess.

1) Are you a bit spooky, with several lizards in your hair?
2) How many bits of chiffon do you wear, and can you walk about wearing these yet somehow retain a degree of modesty?
3) Can you summon up special forces? Sun and fair winds would be the best, obviously.

Answering yes to any of these means you are a goddess for certain.

Knocking up a bacon sandwich might be a start, but it would have to be one hell of a bacon sandwich. If you caught a wild boar and sliced that up for sandwiches, you might well be Diana the Huntress, possibly.

<hr width=100% size=1>

AndrewB

Visit site

Anyone who can knock up a half-way decent BLT in a force 6 (plus a cup of hot tea) is definitely a goddess in my book, regardless of gender.

Olly

Visit site

Such a cynic - still here goes.
1. No, not spooky, more mysterious. By day the very sun itself creates a diadem for my hair, not lizards.
2. By night the moon clothes me with shadows so have little need of chiffon.
3. No not wind and sun - I move to the rythm of a much more elemental force - the tide itself and can always summon up a smile

As for that upstart Diana, I am far more ancient. My followers worship creation not slaughter.

So where do I apply?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site

now having had a cold shower...

seriously, the Cruising Association runs a (vaguley controlled) free crew/skipper matching service ,thio i think you ned to be a member, not sure. It's fairly strikctly for unpaids, i think. Note that your attitude is far far more important in almost all circumstances than your experience. In fact, all things considered, less experience means less bravado and bragging and bad habits "oh, on the other boat we has this/ that etc etc" whereas much more fun if peopel have only been on small boats and say "wow - hot water!"

Um, sorry about crashing around in this thread, but i mean, what sortof person says "goddess wanted"? that's a bit weird innit? whatever...

good luck!

<hr width=100% size=1>

JOHNBOY

Visit site
Hay didn’t you know the a unwritten rule? New users must wait there turn... Get in the queue pal.

Me and my boat have been goddess hunting for over a year, and I‘m leaving next spring.
So to all available goddess like crew, there are loads of us single under 40s, single handed around the world cruising yachties waiting to meet you! Experience is not necessary that will soon come, it’s more important to be adventurous and not tied to time limits. Go for it! just ask and come sailing.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Olly

Visit site

Thanks for replying and the advice about the cruising association. I'll look them up.

Hot water???? What luxury. (Obviously I'm a small boat person)

Re the goddess thing, we all need dreams (and something to make us smile).

<hr width=100% size=1>

boatmike

Visit site
Don't let all these cynics put you off young lady! They would all love to have you on board if their wives would allow it! Just sorry I am too old for you! You don't have a mother with a similar frame of mind who would like a nice man with a big catamaran that ALWAYS has hot water do you?

<hr width=100% size=1>

roly_voya

Visit site
Re: crew wanted - confused?

Hi
I totally lost it on this thread and can't work out who is looking for who and what! it seams to have started with Joy looking for crew and finnished with Olly looking to crew.
Anyway if either of you (or anyone else) is looking for long/medium term crewing opportunity I have a traditional 10ton wooden cutter based in south wales and am looking for someone as regular crew for local and exstended cruising. Sense of adventure more important than experience and ideally an interest in how to run a boat not just sail it. The goal is a 6 month trip to Scandinavia in a couple of years and then see! I am 49 single, solvent (work as a nurse so also very mobile), reasonably competant but still learning with a passion for exploration that includes mountains as well as the sea. Send me a PM if you want more detaials but am off to west coast of Ireland for 2 weeks next sat so reply might be delayed.

<hr width=100% size=1>

mikewilkes

Visit site
If you really are that serious, dont you think the a wee bit more in you bio would attract likely crew?????
I certainly would not let my lttle girl, and she's 35, go any where near someone who gives out so little info.

<hr width=100% size=1>