Crap Ideas............

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Sorry if title offends, but is appropriate. Just opened the monthly Compass catalogue from which I've never ordered anything and saw a few items of interest, so to speak.

The first and most impressive has to be the Cactus Dry Toilet and I quote "Convenient, compact and environmentally friendly solution for small boats and motor caravans and Leopards. Portable toilet which works entirely without water or chemicals. Simple reliable function. After use, the contents are hermetically sealed in a bag, which can then be disposed of with normal refuse"

Just what we've all been waiting for!! Just imagine coming back from a really good days boating on a gloriously hot summers day, walking along the pontoon and stopping to chat with your mates and your bag of rubbish tips open, and there for all to see................................... Perfect end to a perfect day!!

And, you can also buy "10 disposable bags, sealer and toilet tissue". Wow! Another bargain at only £12-95. Must be real fun placing them in position before, well, before doing you know what.

And another bargain, a black plastic bucket, you know, the type we see in all good builders merchants for 99p, this time with 2.5 metres of string attached "practical and cheap!" all for £8-95.

Can't wait to see what other goodies I can add to my next Christmas list. We've all bought things like this in the past, floating torches that don't, waterproof cushions that soak up more water than a sponge, solly etc etc.

What's the most useless thing you've ever bought or been given, share it with us all, bet we've all got garages full of these things, not much else to laugh about round here at the moment.

paulineb

Visit site
Or instead of the cactus toilet, you could line your toilet with a bin liner, do what you have to do in it (whilst reading MBM), then having finished, tie a knot in the liner and take it down to the rubbish bins - hitting your other half round the head with it before leaving the boat.

Pxx

G

Have to admit that I don't get a lot of use out of my set of eight monogrammed creme brulee hammers. My Nauticalia cardboard sextant, on the other hand....

tcm

Visit site
Ah but you haven't actually BORT this now have you? Stupid boat-related stuff includes

1. Nice shiny anchor that didn't quite fit.

2. One of those "attaching line to a hook" contraptions, but never used it except to show mates and say hey look at this!

3. A drysuit, for some reason. Probably cheap at a boat show, after seeing a Bond film.

4. Er a boat

5. A monster pack of Viakal, calcium destroyer. Actually, NOT a stupid purchase on the face of it. But v hard water, so need a bit to clean the sinks and makem shiny. But then (thinks) ooh mebbe the pipe are all a bit clagged with hard water so boshed loads of the stuff in there, plus some foamy stuff too. Next morning, in Antibes, a dozen fish floating around our boat all dead required a hasty departure....

DepSol

Visit site
Re: Solly

Don't worry I will give you poor navigational directions around the islands next time you come over as revenge. :) Something along the lines Chris was telling you over his 6th pint of crap beer!

G

Save your money, you can buy exactly the same thing from mothercare. Its called a kids portable potty, comes complete with frame and 20 bags (But no toilet paper :-( ) all for the bargin price of £4.95

I bought a sea anchor from compass seemed like a great idea at the time but now just lies under the kids bunks taking up space and annoying me. ( Just watch it will save my life this year when i'm struck by a runaway leopard in F8 outside Antibes and have to sit and await rescue :)

byron

RIP
Visit site
The Bog idea sounds great for Dave Seward's Turbo 36. He could make a fortune selling the contents to a brewery as extra strength ale.

ô¿ô

G

Never leave home without one ...Safeway's carrier bag that is .
Notice to customers
Our bags are now recycled UURR really oh no
Tescoe's
Every Little Helps
Oh hang re yesterdays bar name
The Ships Log !!!!
Mick

Angelcynn

lanason

Visit site
Re: Close call, think I\'ve got away with it!........NM

Have you been drinking the stuff that got all the sinks clean and then killed the fish ??
Adrian

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: Close call, think I\'ve got away with it!........NM

Wouldn't even have been close if you hadn't spilt the beans on tother side.

Anyway thought you were steering clear of here till revolution was over!!

Turncoat!! ;-))