Could be fun !

G

Wher can you get one then ?

There should be a place where you can go and get one - but there ain't. Sailing and of the female gender and willing to go out in anything above F3 are like gold dust.

(S)pinnakers (H)eeling (I)nclement weather (T)roublesome tums are the downfall as far as most women are concerned.

Women's strengths lie in other places I fear.

Women do not like taking chances because of bringing up children. The development of man and woman so far has dictated this. Men ? We of course are expendable in order to find pastures new to feed them. That's why we like sailing.

mica

Visit site
Re: Wher can you get one then ?

Rubbish !

Never heard of Ellen McCarthy, Claire Francis, Tracey Edwards and so on. They would put many a man sailor to shame.

There must be gold dust in them there hills. You just have to find it (them).

"The Sailor Wants a Mate" might be the way of doing it.

Unless of course the chauvanistic side of men like think its a male only pursuit. keep

MICA

charles_reed

Visit site
What an excellent mnemonic - Vic

My wife would agree with your sentiments - though some might doubt your social anthropology.

One American reckons that, equally to our development of the finger and hallux grip, it was Granny-power that spelt out the supremacy of the human race.

My wife displays this trait admirably.

G

You might have something there Charles !

But I'am afraid in my case, no matter how old my mother gets, she still watches for signs of improvement in her middle aged children

G

The best \'Hand Held\' on a boat is still the wife

And as you say there's more of them now.

If there is a choice at the Purly Gates I'am coming back as one so as to try and swell the ranks a bit. Providing that I can still retain my sailing genes that is.