Cough, cough, wink, wink.

Magic_Sailor

Visit site
When the jury foreman (foreperson?) gives his answer, will the Judge cough?

Magic

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://hometown.aol.co.uk/geoffwestgarth/myhomepage/travelwriting.html>Click for website!</A>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: I\'d like to know

Thought that the conpsirator was another contestant, which, when you think about how difficult it is to get on, is quite a co-incidence. ie two crooks being in the same 10 contestants.

<hr width=100% size=1><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by david_e on 26/03/2003 11:17 (server time).</FONT></P>

robp

Visit site

The Mrs had already won several thousand on a previous occasion!

<hr width=100% size=1>

DeeGee

Visit site

No long arm of coincidence really... the lady concerned has written a book and has demonstrated her ability to get on. It is alleged that the third party was following her recipe for getting on.. and I believe that you are given choices for when you appear?

The contestants are screened from seeing the audience by being in bright light, whilst the audience are in comparitive darkness. Surely, they should have done something about sound, it doesn't take a genius to see noise signals as a possibility. Other progs have a contestant wear headphones.

<hr width=100% size=1>Black Sugar - the sweetest of all

tcm

Visit site
Re: balance of probabilty?

Isn't it carlton or whoever that are bringing the civil action? Or is it a fraud trial? I think for the latter the burden of proof is higher.

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com

It is a criminal trial, not entirely sure about weight of evidence. But whilst prima facia suggests they are guilty as sin(bad) proving it beyond the normal reasonable doubt could be difficult and, imho, could depend to quite some degree on the defence and then the judge.

Suspect that the civil action will follow if they are innocent, can't see the tv co coughing up so easily, especially now the ratings are dropping.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: To sum up

to be honest
i think so yes

the coincidence is too much 16 i think plus coughs. he claimed hey feve,r coughing is not a normal symptom plus it is an airconditioned studio????
plus defence claimed all defendents did not know each other
despite phone records showed wife of main defendant had previously tried paging and texting the other bloke
one of the coughs was distinctly a stifled 'no.' when the contestant was going to commit toa final answer incorrectly.
*bow*

almost finally. it was sufficiently suspicous that the programme did not honour the cheque but immediatley cancelled transmission of programme and that same night initiated investigation.
one of these is not convincing but when taken all together there can be no doubt in the mind of any right thinking persons and the jury that the defendants are GUILTY.

plus they look shifty feckless toffs that a jury will no doubt take against.

the presecutioin rests your honour.

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

tcm

Visit site
jury member #1 - guilty!

crim trial is beyond reasonable doubt.

And the coughing "no" sounds dodgy to me, so I would vote for him to be locked away on account of being a grasping git. I also don't like the cut of his jib, or any jib as it happens, and much prefer mainsails which seem more stylish imho.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk

Civil action is slightly *rse about face, because I think he is suing Celador for payment of the money (they stopped the cheque). I suspect that, even if he gets acquitted in the current trial (which imho, he may as the evidence is all circumstantial) they will say "we're not going to pay up - sue us if you dare". His legal costs in such a case could easily be hundreds of thousands, thus producing a "won the battle but lost the war" scenario, particularly if Celador made a payment into court or the judge felt that costs should not be awarded.

All much more interesting than the programme, anyway!

<hr width=100% size=1>