Cough, cough, wink, wink.

tcm

Visit site
Oho, another lawyer detected

the reference to "payment into court" that absolutley confirms that you are a lawyer, imho! Also your total lack of coughing when mentioning fabulous fees.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
If only...

...I were.

'fraid i am a sad back office git in a medium sized company, though I do spend some of my time dealing with the legal profession. Familiarity with terms like "payment into court" stems from a civil case I got involuntary involved with, as a co-defendant, a few years ago, where the only beneficiaries were the b*st*rd thieving s*licit*rs (allegedly and without prejudice save as to costs etc.).

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: nevertheless

I stil reckon you could try sending out some massive invoices, merely for speaking to someone on the phone. Don't forget the disbursements, or they'll know it's a total con.

<hr width=100% size=1>

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Re: nevertheless

I think you're probably right. I should also make reference to "refreshers" - not the fizzy sweet, but the daily payment made to barristers for turning up and poncing about in a wig. A bit like Paul Daniels..........

<hr width=100% size=1>

robp

Visit site
Re: balance of probabilty?

They ought to screen it. Ratings would go through the roof.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: eh Paul Daniels??

you mean as in
You're going to like this, Not alot

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

Bergman

Visit site
Once got into a heated debate with a company lawyer. He kept winging on about test of reasonableness(?). Said it was the opinion of man on Clapham omnibus.

I offered to go to Clapham with him and get on bus and ask first man we saw. Miserable **** refused.

I even offered to pay his fare.

Perhaps take video of show onto Clapham omnibus and test opinion.

Whats so special about Clapham?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: forum topix

aw, we can discuss anything. Like in a real yot club, there's no real rules bout what's allowed so long as it's legal and decent. It's topical, and since so many about here know/hate each other dearly, we can have a pop at this subject, no?

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com

Absolutely old bean, and with names like tequin wosit and major charles inhim, have to confess would award them raggie status so definate members of yottie club and bar flies to suit.

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: He said in court

Yes, so if he was so smart surely he'd have been better winning the million himself. Still can't see how they both contrived to appear on the same show unless it's now so unpopular that only 10 people phone up with correct answer.

But all 3 of them look slimey so obviously guilty! Yes let's see the show and let the country vote, would make more than their million in phone calls.

<hr width=100% size=1>

robp

Visit site
Cos it looks like; allegedly, IMHO, without prejudice, subject to contract etc., they tried to have 1M away that might have bought one of us an Island Packet 485 and change!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Oldhand

Visit site

Very sad indeed. Haven't you got anything better to discuss and perhaps of a boating nature which is what the Yachting & Boating Worl web-site is all about?

<hr width=100% size=1>

BrendanS

Visit site

For a raggie, you have a scary knowledge of the stinkie masonic rituals! Do you have a martini/mouse burgee, and do you know the secret handshake too?

<hr width=100% size=1>

tcm

Visit site
Re: aha, fatipa caught!

Now that you mention it , I do seem to remember fatipa/brian cough a bit in a restaurant, and he looked sideways at his charming wife. Then very shortly after, some food turned up! And drinks! Later, he raised his eyebrows, and - hardly a coincidence - the waiter just appeared at the table - yes an actual waiter! Then, he told the waiter what he wanted and, rather weirdly, the waiter turned up with EXACTLY THE SAME things that he had asked for. Shortly after that he did the eyebrow thing again and the bill arrived. I've never heard of this happening with anyone else, so I think we should call the police.

BrendanS

Visit site
Re: aha, fatipa caught!

Ah! Now I'm deeply suspicious.

I can put down the waiter incident to one of those one in a million coincidences. There's always a friend of a friend of a friend who can quote a similar level of service.

What I can't understand is a raggie having a charming wife. He cannot possibly be the real thing if what you say is true. Raggies are solitary unwashed bearded individuals, and if married usually have a Russian shot putter to introduce as their SWMBO

<hr width=100% size=1>