Cost of shipping a Cheoy Lee 63 ketch from UK to Brisbane?

JoeQ

www.use.me.uk
Looking for a cost of getting my ketch rigged Cheoy Lee 63 to Brisbane, preferably shipped. Could anyone give me a rough idea of prices and who to contact please? Are there regular services? From where, UK or Mediterranean?
Thanks in advance.

rotrax

Visit site
Acording to Ernest Gann in his most excellent book " Song of the Sirens " the definition of a boat is a vessel that can be carried aboard another vessel.

No doubt vessels exist to carry a 63 foot Cheoy Lee to Brisbane but it might not be an easy find.

Good Luck-let us know the result of your search.

Visit site
Was quoted 35k two years ago for a boat half that size. From Eastern Med to Brisbane! Cradle (seriously engineered) required, not supplied. Other costs at either end were astronomical. Gave up before looking at insurance.

Edit. That's $au

Last edited:

JumbleDuck

Visit site
Acording to Ernest Gann in his most excellent book " Song of the Sirens " the definition of a boat is a vessel that can be carried aboard another vessel.

article-0-13936DB2000005DC-686_964x549.jpg

ip485

Visit site
Recently had a quote of (if I recall correctly) circa £26K from Australia to Southampton for 50 foot.

TOKOLOSHI

Visit site
Looking for a cost of getting my ketch rigged Cheoy Lee 63 to Brisbane, preferably shipped. Could anyone give me a rough idea of prices and who to contact please? Are there regular services? From where, UK or Mediterranean?
Thanks in advance.

From the replies so far, sailing there must be looking the best option, even with paid crew!

nauticalnomad

Visit site
You would spend 70 to 100 thousand pounds to get it there.
Cheaper option maybe deck cargo to Singapore and sail it from there.
Still a fair distance to Darwin but an easier sail.
Sell the boat and buy one enroute...
You could buy a boat in Australia for what you would spend on shipping yours there.
I have looked into this before.
I had a boat both in Australia and the UK at the same time and had to decide which one in the fleet to cull...
I sold the Brisbane based Sparkman and Stephens and kept the UK one and decided to attempt to sail it somewhere near Australia. Most likely Malaysia. I am not that fond of Australia having lived and grown up there..
It would cost half the cost to deliver the boat from Europe to Asia as what it would Eu to Au..
Hope there is no timber onboard. Au customs are strict on that and want quarantine and inspection upon entrance at your cost.