Cost of marinas in med ?

djk

Visit site
We were in Cala d'Or last weekend and I thought I'd go and visit the marina office and enquire what a 12.9m berth would cost for a year.
€12,673! They will give 10% off this figure if you pay for the year.

They also mentioned a "Lighthouse Tax"? Now payable yearly. Never heard of this tax!

Has anybody got up to date information about this Tax?

It would be much appreciated as we are moving back to Spain this summer.

djk

Visit site
We were in Cala d'Or last weekend and I thought I'd go and visit the marina office and enquire what a 12.9m berth would cost for a year.
€12,673! They will give 10% off this figure if you pay for the year.

They also mentioned a "Lighthouse Tax"? Now payable yearly. Never heard of this tax!

Has anybody got up to date information about this Tax?

It would be much appreciated as we are moving back to Spain this summer.

djk

Visit site
Thanks David. Had a quick look at the site- unfortunately it doesn't give any up to date info as it appears to be from 2007.
We were in Spanish waters for 6 years and there during 2007 and never heard or let alone paid this tax.

charles_reed

Visit site
Lighthouse tax, buoyage tax, navigation fees.
All countries have the right to charge these for vessels navigating their waters. Up until now it's only been commercial shipping paying them - I think we'll see a change and most countries will start to tap the leisure market.
Croatia, Tunisia and Montenegro, of the Mediterranean countries I've visited, already make these charges, if you read the breakdown on the paperwork you get, you'll see them itemised.

tonybannister

Visit site
Boats in Alicante were charged Lighthouse tax retrospectively at the end of the winter 10 years ago and it caused a lot of disagreement. Seemed to depend on the classification of the harbour. Generally anybody sailing full time through the summer will have to avoid nightly summer rates wherever they are. Anchoring is the thing. I have just renewed my annual contract in Camper & Nicholsons Cesme Marina. We are small (9 metres "25 sq/m) at 1695 euros and we will anchor when we go out. If I had to stay in my own marina at a daily rate I could not afford it. Between here and Marmaris for my size of boat 20 - 30 euros is the nightly rate, but as I say we are small. Cannot live on board a boat this small they say but we have done it for 12 years. We are still here and friends on bigger boats have been priced out.

djk

Visit site
Alicante marina do charge the annual Light House tax. The rate I was quoted for a 12.9m yacht was €190. The annual berth would be €6,650 approximately.
If you arrive in August for an annual berth then you still pay the full years amount despite there being only 5 months left till then end of the year!

tarik

Visit site
Giibraltar Marina fees

Am in Gib at the moment sourcing marina prices for next year:

Marina Bay up to 12m summer rate is £15.00 per day
Electricity 15p per KWH
Water 1p per litre

Queensway Quay Marina up to 12m is £13.90 per day
Electricitry 15p per KWH
Water 1p per litre

The new ( and empty) marina across from Gib in La Linea
Up to 12m summer rate is 14.00 Euros per day
electricity 0.35 euros per Kw
water 0.15 eoros per m3
above prices add 18% VAT

Glenn15

Visit site
Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but i'm travelling to El Campello, Alicante in August with a 6m motor boat and i'd be interested to know of any marinas that have visitors mooring (and a ramp!) I could rent for the two weeks we are there?
I have tried a telephone conversation with the CN El Campello Marina and the response was the facilities are only for the residents use which seems to be different to all the experiences on this thread??
Any help would be appreciated.