Coronavirus and Greece

Cariadco

Visit site
Here in Corfu, we're all starting to get out there, an getting some Sailing in.
Just been out for a couple of hours, this afternoon, with the Missus.
Saturday, we're off down to Gaios for a couple of days. I'm told by a Paxos resident that all the Taverna's, Bars etc are fully open, although Gaios itself is fairly quiet wrt Boats. He also informs that Lakka, on the other hand, has 15 to 20 boats in the bay, every night.
Sorry to be reporting this, to all you guys, trying your best to get out here..........
Regards,

grumpygit

Visit site
Our EasyJet to Preveza on the 1st July has just been scrubbed so I’ve been looking at ferries and Minoan showing availability from Ancona on the 3rd

Chris

Have you spoken with Minoan directly because they have not been informed yet by the Greek government of the passenger rules and requirements for travelling e.g. amount of pax and cabin occupancy.
This is why we only have the booking provisionally.

Crisby

Visit site
No, just been on the Minoan website, not booked anything as we are still looking at our options now EasyJet have scrubbed, not cheap to drive there though!

Chris

hank56

Visit site

We are now re booked for the 8th July with Minoan, which is Ancona instead of Venice. To get this which is the first available booking, we've had to upgrade to a junior suite at a massive FO extra premium of €149 and this can only be made as a provisional booking. I way beyond bemused, I'm absolutely seething.
I got booked on the 1st July - but I had to take two aircraft seats instead of a cabin. My lift back in is on 6th July so if I get down in time to do the Antifoul /polish /anodes - I will be delighted - but I am wary.

Crisby

Visit site
Here in Corfu, we're all starting to get out there, an getting some Sailing in.
Just been out for a couple of hours, this afternoon, with the Missus.
Saturday, we're off down to Gaios for a couple of days. I'm told by a Paxos resident that all the Taverna's, Bars etc are fully open, although Gaios itself is fairly quiet wrt Boats. He also informs that Lakka, on the other hand, has 15 to 20 boats in the bay, every night.
Sorry to be reporting this, to all you guys, trying your best to get out here..........
Regards,
Enjoy it while you can, one way or another we will be there eventually, even if I have to pedal!

Chris

grumpygit

Visit site
I got booked on the 1st July - but I had to take two aircraft seats instead of a cabin. My lift back in is on 6th July so if I get down in time to do the Antifoul /polish /anodes - I will be delighted - but I am wary.

The last I heard there was to be no use of aircraft seats, 50% use of cabins and only single occupancy except for family. Rules do keep changing though!

ASW11

Visit site
Government advice ! Changes every other day ,how soon before Pritti changes it again.?
Sometimes, some folk do a pretty good impression of having got out of bed on the wrong side! Anyways, the FCO advice re travel has been consistent for many weeks and, if ignored, for many (most?) Brits would invalidate travel insurance. With regards to Pritti, nowt to do with her, Dom Rab's your man. Reckon we're as frustrated as the next about not being able to get to our boat but, at the moment, see no safe options

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
perhaps when you get out of bed have a look at the news

Priti Patel is ‘presiding over an economic disaster’ and should resign if the quarantine policy proves unlawful, hundreds of travel and hospitality bosses will say today.
More

grumpygit

Visit site
Sometimes, some folk do a pretty good impression of having got out of bed on the wrong side! Anyways, the FCO advice re travel has been consistent for many weeks and, if ignored, for many (most?) Brits would invalidate travel insurance. With regards to Pritti, nowt to do with her, Dom Rab's your man. Reckon we're as frustrated as the next about not being able to get to our boat but, at the moment, see no safe options

perhaps when you get out of bed have a look at the news

Priti Patel is ‘presiding over an economic disaster’ and should resign if the quarantine policy proves unlawful, hundreds of travel and hospitality bosses will say today.
More

In the present situation of course they are ‘presiding over an economic disaster’ but I would say they are all between a rock and a hard place. Probably seeing a stronger leadership may have been beneficial. I think using hindsight to force a point is not helpful and a diversion from what people are trying to do, which hopefully is to their best intentions.
Pragmatism is a better bedfellow and foresight is a gift.
On the brighter side, we have now received our email confirming our sailing, we will have to wait and see but fingers crossed . . . again!

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
what date did the confirm ,as I think you still cannot travel through France without quarantine for 14 days ,quid pro quo ,Pretti 's14 day lockdown here , or am I wrong?

Pragmatism ? We have the highest death rate in the world ,per 100,000.

Last edited:

hank56

Visit site
what date did the confirm ,as I think you still cannot travel through France without quarantine for 14 days ,quid pro quo ,Pretti 's14 day lockdown here , or am I wrong?
I believe there are no restrictions in France or Italy. Anek confirmed that I had two aircraft style seats on the 1st July sailing from Ancona - which is the first passage between Ancona and Igoumenitsa - for tourists. However she told me that she thought we would sail but we should check on 30th June!!!!!

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I believe there are no restrictions in France or Italy. Anek confirmed that I had two aircraft style seats on the 1st July sailing from Ancona - which is the first passage between Ancona and Igoumenitsa - for tourists. However she told me that she thought we would sail but we should check on 30th June!!!!!
This was the Government advice yesterday.

France has removed border restrictions with European countries without quarantine measures; the change, which came into force on June 15, excludes people coming from countries with their own isolation regimes, including Britain, where rules will be reciprocal.

grumpygit

Visit site

Pragmatism ? We have the highest death rate in the world ,per 100,000.

I think you will find at least Belgium and Spain are above the UK , but there was also over 50000 excess deaths in the UK 2017/18 from flu related illness, no mention and no lockdown.
As a world mortality rate, Covid 19 is responsible for about 2%, yet SARS was 9.6% and MERS 34% . . . . so yes Pragmatism?
They confirmed for the 8th.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
I think you will find at least Belgium and Spain are above the UK , but there was also over 50000 excess deaths in the UK 2017/18 from flu related illness, no mention and no lockdown.
As a world mortality rate, Covid 19 is responsible for about 2%, yet SARS was 9.6% and MERS 34% . . . . so yes Pragmatism?
They confirmed for the 8th.
WITHOUT the devolved nations considered, England has the worst coronavirus mortality rate in the world according to a Financial Times data visualisation journalist.
John Burn-Murdoch was speaking to Sky News earlier today and explained that data from March to May shows England’s coronavirus death rate has been the worst of any country that data is available for.
Since the UK became the European country with the worst death toll weeks ago, ministers have stopped showing the UK’s outbreak compared to other countries during the daily briefings – arguing it’s too soon to make these sorts of comparisons.

Check whether you can cross France !?

grumpygit

Visit site
WITHOUT the devolved nations considered, England has the worst coronavirus mortality rate in the world according to a Financial Times data visualisation journalist.
John Burn-Murdoch was speaking to Sky News earlier today and explained that data from March to May shows England’s coronavirus death rate has been the worst of any country that data is available for.
Since the UK became the European country with the worst death toll weeks ago, ministers have stopped showing the UK’s outbreak compared to other countries during the daily briefings – arguing it’s too soon to make these sorts of comparisons.

Check whether you can cross France !?
Don't you just love left wing media non bias reporting. Now that's pragmatism with sarcasm;) As far as we can tell, we can enter France on a transit and by using a declaration. As we well know things can change either way quickly.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
EJ have cancelled fights to Preveza on 1 and 2 July. Hope 3 July survives - that's what we have booked! After that they seem very heavily booked
Tony you should had stayed in Sardinia , we having a great time , very few boats about , Corsica end of the week end .
Hope you catch your flight .

grumpygit

Visit site
A reporter from the house paper of capitalism speaking on a news channel not known for it's liberal views is hardly the 'left-wing' media.

Apologies, I don't think I was quite clearer enough so please let me be bit clearer for you . . . . . leftie liberal media!
But in truth this thread is getting shanghaied by another agenda so if you or anyone else wishes to change the tack , how about a new thread if you wish to carry this topic further?

Back to the important stuff . . . . France is good to transit, If in doubt please check but here's a part quote
From 15 June, people arriving from the European Space (European Union Member States as well as Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican) will be able to enter French territory without COVID-19-related restrictions

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Apologies, I don't think I was quite clearer enough so please let me be bit clearer for you . . . . . leftie liberal media!
But in truth this thread is getting shanghaied by another agenda so if you or anyone else wishes to change the tack , how about a new thread if you wish to carry this topic further?

Back to the important stuff . . . . France is good to transit, If in doubt please check but here's a part quote
From 15 June, people arriving from the European Space (European Union Member States as well as Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland and the Vatican) will be able to enter French territory without COVID-19-related restrictions
More Fake news GrumpyTrump .
From another left wing paper
France reopens borders, but when can we visit? Latest advice
Save
France is easing its lockdown - but when I can go there on holiday?
France is easing lockdown measures - so when I can go there on holiday? CREDIT: ISTOCK

17 JUNE 2020 • 4:00PM
Follow

The country has started reopening to tourists, but when will that include Britons?
France has removed border restrictions with European countries without quarantine measures; the change, which came into force on June 15, excludes people coming from countries with their own isolation regimes, including Britain, where rules will be reciprocal.