Continual Quiz on The Bristol Channel (12)

N

NJMcK

[ QUOTE ]
There have been 2 recent strandings - a pilot whale and a common dolphin. Pilot whales tend to feed on squid, so are we getting more squid this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

P.S. How do I include multiple quotes in a reply?

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been 2 recent strandings - a pilot whale and a common dolphin. Pilot whales tend to feed on squid, so are we getting more squid this year?

------------------------------------------------------------------------Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Great White Sharks?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy and Paste /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

N

NJMcK

[ QUOTE ]
Higher than normal sea temps? Better feeding=more fish=more birds and sea mammals. Isotherms are generally moving north so we should expect more exotic species.

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[ QUOTE ]
More Great White Sharks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

Aha! That does the trick.

If the correct answer hasn't already been given I'll post a clue tomorrow morning.

N

NJMcK

It's nothing to do with climate. The question refers to one bird species.

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
You sneaky... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is this the answer?

"Over a hundred Oystercatchers from the Burry Inlet have been dyed yellow, as part of a joint tracking project between the Countryside Council for Wales and the British Trust for Ornithology.
A team of ornithologists spent a day at Whiteford Burrows National Nature Reserve, in the Gower, catching, ringing, and marking the birds, by dyeing their white breasts yellow.
Matt Murphy, an Ornithologist for the Countryside Council for Wales, said: “The aim of the project is to learn more about the movements of the birds between the Burry Inlet and nearby intertidal areas, such as Carmarthen Bay.
“The information gathered from sightings will then be tied in with other detailed surveys, enabling us to gain an over-all view of their movements.”
Niall Burton from the British Trust for Ornithology said: “We’re very pleased that after two failed attempts, earlier in the month, we finally managed to catch some Oystercatchers.
“In order to be a success, this project really needs the help of the public. If anyone spots the yellow Oystercatchers, please report your sightings to the BTO or CCW, stating the location, time and date.”

If you are lucky enough to spot one of the yellow Oystercatchers please contact Niall Burton at the British Trust for Ornithology at niall.burton@bto.org.uk or on 01842 750050, or contact Matt Murphy from CCW at m.murphy@ccw.gov.uk "

"If you are lucky enough to spot one" /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

graham

Visit site
I saw a couple of yellow oystercatchers the other day, thats a relief I thought I was cracking up.

Any idea who I report the pink elephant and the six foot rabbit to? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

damo

longkeel35.org.uk
And are the oystercatchers any relation to .....

Bloody_seal.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

N

NJMcK

[ QUOTE ]
You sneaky... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is this the answer?

"Over a hundred Oystercatchers from the Burry Inlet have been dyed yellow

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the answer.

Full story here

Back to you Damo